23: New Years Eve pt.2

~ Hermione ~

There's a knock at the door. It startles everyone, seeing as how we all jumped a little bit at the sound. Channary and Marcus walks towards the door and open it together. They almost immediately, after each of them hugging the person on the other side t the door, move out of the way so the person on the other side could walk in. It's Aunt Lorelai.

She's wearing a knee-length violet bell dress matched with black high heels. Her dress is matched with a black choker and pearl earrings. She's also carrying a small black pocket book. Her hair is curled and expertly put to the right side of her face. Her eyes are lined with black eyeliner and she's donning a gentle smokey eye. The only other makeup on her face is the scarlet lipstick on her lips. She looks very good, to say the least.

She smiles at the four of us. Channary closes the door and she and Marcus turn towards us once more. They all look like super models that just walked out of some type of glamorous photoshoot.

"You all look lovely" Aunt Lorelai says, looking at the four of us in the foyer.

"Thank you, you look good as well" Virginia replies with a smile on her face.

"Alright, enough with the formalities. Let's get started prepping for this party" Aunt Lorelai says with an enthusiastic smile.

~~~~

Ten minutes later Aunt Lorelai, Blaise, and I are all in the kitchen tidying it up and setting it up for the party later. Channary and Marcus are setting up the foyer with the help of a few house elves. Virginia and Lucas are setting up the ballroom with the remaining house elves.

"So...Blaise. Are you going to finally ask Ginny out today?" Aunt Lorelai says bluntly.

I look up from my spot at the drink counter, I've been charged with setting up the drink counter in the kitchen, and look at my aunt and twin brother. Blaise is blushing so bad he looks like a tomato while Aunt Lorelai is standing there as if she didn't cause her nephew to blush as bad as she did.

"W-what?" Blaise stutters.

"C'mon Blaise, you heard what I said. You need to ask her out before someone else does" Aunt Lorelai advised.

"I know that! I...know that and I want to but what if she says no?" Blaise says, his voice getting quieter and sadder sounding after each word.

"She won't say no Blaise!" I said, basically yelling in annoyance at my twin brother.

I've already told him multiple times that Ginny likes him back. Maybe he thinks that he still has doubts about Ginny's feelings towards him?

"Why? Does she like him back?" Aunt Lorelai asks me.

"Yeah, and I've told Blaise this multiple times" I said, slightly glaring at him.

"Whatever guys! I'll just ask her out later then!" Blaise exclaims rather loudly, sounding extremely annoyed and done with this conversation.

"Great! Now back to work" Aunt Lorelai says with a devilish grin on her face.

She's obviously planning something. Blaise and I make eye contact and nod, immediately thinking the same thing.

~~~~~~~~
Forty minutes later everyone is waiting for the Weasleys and Harry to arrive in the foyer. Draco, Pansy, and Theo have yet to arrive as well. Everyone was to apparate outside of the manor and knock on the front door. It was a rule that Channary had made the night we showed her and Marcus the plans for the party. Apparently the Floo messed up somehow after the Weasleys had one over on Christmas and she was planning on getting it fixed after Virginia, Blaise, and I return to Hogwarts.

Aunt Lorelai, Blaise, and I had finished up in the kitchen twenty minutes ago. Channary and Marcus were already son by the time we were done in the kitchen. Virginia and Lucas finished fifteen minutes after Aunt Lorelai, Blaise, and I had. They both had mischievous looks on their faces so they probably set up a prank or something along those lines in the ballroom.

"So Draco, Pansy, and Theo are also coming?" Aunt Lorelai asks.

Blaise had just told her the full guest list a few minutes ago. She had wanted to know if we had invited her and Marcus' parents, who are currently on vacation in Croatia.

"Yes, they are coming" Blaise replies, sounding bored and annoyed.

"So..Hermione. Do you like anyone?Last I heard you were in a relationship with a Weasley" Aunt Lorelai asks, spinning on her heel so she could look me in the eye.

Should I tell her that I have a small crush on Draco? It's not like it's that big a deal if she knows, right? And I would also have tell her in front of Channary and Marcus, which would be kinda awkward. And do people really think that Ron and I got together after the war? It was one freaking kiss people!

"Ron and I are not together. And, yes I do like someone" I say.

Blaise starts to laugh, gaining a death glare from me. Me saying that I have a crush on someone gained the attention of everyone in the room, especially my parents. The only person who knows that I like Draco is Blaise, unless he's told either Lucas or Virginia.

"Who is it? Do I know them?" Channary asks, fully going into 'Mum' mode.

"You...know them" I reply, already knowing that I was blushing.

"Well who is it dear? Don't be embarrassed" Channary pressed.

"It's-" I start to say but I get cut off.

The front door swings open and in walks Draco, Pansy, and Theo. Of course Draco had to walk in first, making me blush even more. Channary quickly caught on and whispered something in Marcus's ear. Which caused him to subtly glare at Draco.

God damnit. And I thought this day was just going to be about the party and getting Blaise and Ginny together.

Looks like I was wrong.