12: Draco's P.O.V

~ Draco's P.O.V ~

During the whole Quidditch game against Blaise I had to force myself to not look at Hermione. She's just so...beautiful. Her big brown eyes, her brown curls, and her personality. I almost got stuck in a trance looking at her; resulting in a Bludger nearly hitting me square in the face. That got a chuckle out of Blaise, the freaking bastard.

I've had a crush on Hermione ever since the first time that we met.
The only reason I didn't admit my feelings to her was because I thought she was a muggle born. But she actually isn't a muggle born, she's a Pureblood. It's not that that should care but it did back then. Especially to my father, at least mother isn't like that anymore. I didn't acknowledge or admit my feelings until Third Year when she punched me in the face. Ever since then I've wanted to tell her how I feel and apologize for calling her a Mudblood. But she would just reject me.

How could she like the person who made her life a living hell for six years? I'm still suprised that she accepted my apology at the beginning of the semester.

Blaise used to make fun of me for liking her, but that was before he knew that Hermione was his twin sister. He must've found out a few weeks before Hermione because he made fun of me for it until the beginning of last summer.

After Blaise and I were done with our game, I obviously won, we went over to where Virginia, Lucas, and Hermione were sitting on the sidelines. Sometime during the game Hermione had acquired a book and is now intently reading it.

But she looked up when Blaise and I were walking over to her. We made eye contact and she looked away. Is she blushing? No...I'm just seeing things. I could never cause her to blush.

"Who won?" Hermione asks, sounding slightly interested.

"I did" I said, smiling at her.

"Whatever. I say we should have a rematch" Blaise pouts.

I look at Blaise and roll my eyes. He's such a sore loser and he always has been.

"Blaise it's not my fault that I'm better than you at Quidditch. It's just a fact of life" I reply, causing my best friend to glare at me.

"Whatever, mate. Hermione what are you reading?" Blaise asks his sister.

Hermione places a bookmark in the book before she closes it. It's a rather large book which isn't suprising. Hermione isn't a person to read short or small novels.

"A Game Of Thrones by George R.R Martin" She replies.

"Are we supposed to know what that is?" Blaise asks.

"I don't know, it's a Muggle novel but it's very good. I highly suggest it" Hermione replies, sounding slightly annoyed.

"Do you have a spare copy?" Virginia asks.

Hermione looks at Virginia and shakes her head 'no'. She must have a spare copy, she's Hermione for Merlins sake.

"You're too young to read this, Virginia" Hermione says sternly.

"Why?" She asks.

"Because it's...innapropriate. Maybe you can read it by the time you're fifteen" Hermione replies.

"Fifteen?" Virginia asks, sounding annoyed.

She's only eleven years old and she's extremely impatient. She'll probably secretly read it once Hermione's done with it. If Hermione doesn't hide it on her before hand.

"You heard me, Virginia" Hermione says, rolling her eyes at her little sister.

"Lucas lets go see when supper will be ready" Virginia says, jumping to her feet.

She runs into the house, poor Lucas trailing desperately behind her. Poor kid, always trailing behind his crazy older sister and weird older brother. Does he trail behind Hermione yet? Or has he not taken a liking to her yet?

"What's up with her?" Blaise asks.

"I don't know, she's your sister as well" Hermione replies.

"She's a weird child, doesn't everyone know that" I chip in.

"True" Hermione chuckled.

Blaise and I laugh with her for a moment before the joke grew dull.

"I should go check on....something" Blaise says, grinning at me for a quick second.

He grins back and forth between Hermione and I for a second before walking into the house. That little arsehole, he must know that I still have a crush on Hermione. Of course he would know, he's my best mate and always has been.

Not wanting to stand any longer, I sit down on the grass. Hermione and I are a reasonable distance away from each other but aren't too far away.

"So...how have you been, Draco?" Hermione asks.

I still find it odd after all this time that she's calling me by my first name. Ever since we met she called me by my last name right up until I apologized to her at the beginning of this year.

"I've been...okay to say the least. And you?" I reply, a slight smile on my face.

"I've been alright, thanks for asking" She said, smiling back at me.

"No problem" I said, smiling back at her.

"How are things with Ron?" I asked.

I know that they haven't talked for months but it's a conversation starter, right?

"Uh..they're not great. We haven't talked for months. And I thought he was a good friend" Hermione said sadly.

"Well he obviously isn't" I basically blurted.

Hermione looked at me and arched a brow.

"He isn't a good friend if he hasn't tried to speak with you for that long" I quickly explain.

"Yeah" Hermione said, smiling at me.

God, her smile is amazing. Damn, I'm going to have to tell her that I like her sooner or later. But what will she say?