20: Puppy Time!

~ Hermione ~

There are three days left until New Years Eve. For the past week Blaise, Virginia, Lucas, and I have been lounging around Zabini manor using our Christmas presents. The only band Blaise listens to is Led Zepplin while Virginia only listens to the Backstreet Boys. It's a rather weird mashup to hear in the halls of the manor.

One thing that both Virginia and Lucas wanted for Christmas and didn't get was a puppy. So today we're going to a pet store in London to find a puppy. Even though Virginia will only be able to see it during breaks from Hogwarts.

It's only Channary, Virginia, Lucas, and I going because both Marcus and Blaise are busy. Marcus is working while Blaise is hanging out with Draco, Pansy Parkinson, and Theodore Nott. They all know the truth about me at this point.

We arrived in London ten minutes ago and are now looking for a pet store to go to. Eventually we arrive at The Mayhew Animal Home.

Virginia and Lucas immediately run over to where the dogs are, leaving Channary and I in their wake. There are a few more people in the store and most of them are looking at us.

Channary signs all of our names in at the front desk, where a friendly looking Muggle woman is sitting.

"Do you have any pet names picked out?" Channary asked as we walked behind Virginia and Lucas.

"Joy for if its a girl and Eli for if its a boy" I said.

"Nice names" Channary replied.

"Yeah but knowing Virginia she has a whole list already prepared" I said.

Channary chuckles and nods her head in agreement. We arrive at the area where they hold the dogs. There are multiple dogs in small holding cells, ranging from Great Dane's to Beagles.

Virginia and Lucas are looking at a Siberian Husky. It says on its information plaque that it's a two year old female. It's name is Lucy. It's so adorable!

"Mum, can we get this one?" Virginia asked, looking at Channary with a pleading look on her face.

"Do you both want to get her?" Channary asks, looking between her two youngest children.

They both nod with big grins on their faces. Channary smiles at them and returns to the front desk.

~~~~

An hour later were all back at home with our new dog, Lucy. Virginia and Lucas decided to keep the name and not change it. Apparently Lucy was high on their name list anyways.

"BLAISE! Come here!" Virginia yells when we walk back into the foyer.

We had put the food and water bowl for Lucy in the dining room as soon as we had gotten home. Virginia and Lucas decided to put all of the dog toys in the main lounge, not knowing where else to put them.

A few moments later Blaise walks into the foyer. He's followed by Draco, Pansy, and Theo.

"Is this the dog?" Blaise asks, walking up to Lucy.

She happily jumps on him and starts to lick his face. He chuckles before pushing the dog off of him.

"Yes, and her name is Lucy" Virginia says, proudly.

"Oh hello, Draco, Pansy, Theo. It's nice to see you all" Channary says pleasantly.

"It's nice to see you too, Mrs Zabini" Theo says.

"Please, call me Channary. I'll leave you crazy kids be" Channary said, smiling.

With a smile on her face, Channary leaves the foyer. Lucy silently follows after her.

"Your new dog is adorable" Pansy says to Virginia.

"I know, that's why I choose to get her" Virginia says.

"No need to get sassy" Pansy rolled her eyes at the eleven year old.

"Well, Blaise, I need to go" Theo says.

"Alright, mate. See ya later" Blaise says.

"I have to go too" Pansy says.

Pansy and Theo make their way to the front door.

"Okay. Make sure to use protection you two" Blaise jokes before they leave.

"Blaise shut up" Pansy says as she opens the front door.

She and Theo leave the manor.

"I should go as well. See you soon mate" Draco says to Blaise.

Draco walks past Blaise and, I swear to god, he winked at me. I look down at the floor, blushing like a stupid school girl. Blaise chuckles and I instantly shoot him a death glare.

Draco leaves the manor and Blaise starts laughing like a crazy person. Virginia and Lucas look at him like he's a crazy person.

"What? Why is he laughing?" Virginia asked no one in particular.

"Because our dear sister has a little crush on my best friend"