26: Love is Strange

~ Hermione ~

It's been a few months since Christmas break had ended. Today is Febuary 14th, which means that it's Valentine's Day. Draco told me he has something special planned but he hasn't told me yet. It's supposed to be a surprise is what he said the last time I saw him, which was last night.

Ginny and Blaise are still together and are basically connected at the hip. They have been their whole relationship, ever since day one if I'm being honest. I love my brother and all but it would be nice to get some alone time with my best friend.

Harry, apparently, still doesn't like anyone. Or if he does he doesn't have any plans on telling any of us anytime soon.

Pansy dodges the question of who she likes, making us all a little suspicious of her. Whomever she likes can't be so bad that she can't tell us, or at least Ginny and I. Ginny, Pansy, and I are so close at this point we're basically sisters so it saddens me that Pansy doesn't trust me enough to tell me.

Ron basically hasn't talked to me ever since Draco and I started dating, and that was nearly two months ago now. Ginny says he's jealous but he's been avoiding me ever since I told him I was a Zabini. It's as if who my parents are effecting our friendship. Because when I thought the Grangers were my parents Ron and I were best friends. Now that I know the truth Ron has acted as if we haven't been best friends ever since he and Harry saved me from that troll back in First Year.

He still talks with Ginny and Harry as if nothing's wrong. Hell, he's even had a few decent conversations with Blaise ever since Blaise and Ginny started dating.

Draco and I are supposed to be meeting up at the Quidditch Pitch at 11:30am. Currently it's 10:45am and I still don't know what in the world to wear. I need the help of Ginny.

I walk out of our shared dorm and into the Heads Common Room. Blaise and
Ginny are cuddling on the couch, watching TV. Blaise had somehow gotten a small flat screen TV from the house elves. Now Ginny and Blaise watch Soap Operas and horror movies, all the freaking time.

"Ginny! I need help!" I exclaim.

Both Ginny and Blaise whip their heads in my direction. Ginny mutters something to Blaise before getting off the couch and walking over to me.

"With what?" She asks, sounding annoyed.

"Picking out an outfit. Draco and I are supposed to be meeting up at the Quidditch Pitch in a little over half an hour and I don't know what to wear" I say.

Ginny smiled and rushes into our shared dorm room. If there's anything Ginny loves more than Blaise and Quidditch, it's fashion.

She goes through, and utterly tears apart my wardrobe. She ends up picking two outfits for me to choose from. The first one is a knee-length casual black dress, a black leather jacket, and black ankle boots. The second outfit is a white tank top, a black leather jacket, navy blue skinny jeans, and black ankle boots.

I choose the latter because it's only Febuary and I don't feel like freezing my butt off today. I quickly change into the outfit and look at the time on my Muggle alarm clock. Shit! It's 11:15! I'm going to be late!

I give Ginny a quick thank you hug before dashing out of the dormitory.
Hopefully I make it to the Quidditch Pitch in time.

~ Draco ~

Today is the day that I'm going to propose to Hermione. I know that we've only been dating for a few months but I know she's the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. I just hope that she feels the same way.

I have a picnic planned then after we're done eating is when I'm going to propose. I touch the little black box that's in the inside pocket of my leather jacket.

I look at the golden watch on my wrist, it reads 11:25am. What if she doesn't show up? Hermione would never do that, she's not that type of person.

After nearly fifteen minutes of waiting and doubting myself, Hermione finally arrives. She's jogging up the pitch, looking as if she had just run the whole length of Hogwarts. She probably had.

A huge smile appears on her face when her gaze lands on me. I walk out to the middle of the Quidditch Pitch to meet her.

She greets me with a quick peck on the lips and a hug. I hug her back and hope to God that she says yes.

After a minute or two she pulls away, looking up at me with a smile.

"So what's the suprise, mister?" She asks.

"You'll have to see to find out" I say and she rolls her eyes at me.

I grab her hand and lead her to the far west side of the Quidditch Pitch. That's where I had the house elves set up the picnic earlier.

I hear Hermione gasp when the picnic comes into view. It's a large blanket spread on the ground with various picnic baskets strewn about on it. There are two plates, two cups, two forks, two spoons, and two knives.

"I-is this the suprise?" Hermione asks.

I look at her and smile. She looks adorable, like always.

"Not quite. You'll have to wait until we're done eating to get the last suprise" I said in a playful tone.

"Then let's start eating!" Hermione says with a big grin on her face.

~ Hermione ~

Currently I'm dying to know what this suprise is. Draco's doing a bloody good job at not giving any hints away though. The smart bastard.

I sit down in front of one of the plates and Draco sits down next to me with a grin on his face.

~~~~~~~

We eat half of everything at the picnic and after that were both competely and utterly stuffed.

After a moment Draco turns to me and stands up. He holds out his hand and I take it. He pulls me up and has a look of uncertainty in his stormy grey eyes.

"Hermione, I know we haven't been together for that long and that I made your life a living hell for six long years. But that was back before I knew there was no difference in blood status or who you truly were. The bloody amazing and talented witch you truly and always have been. And it was back in Third Year, after you punched me, when I realized that I had a crush on you. I didn't tell anyone besides Blaise, fearing the backlash I would receive from my Father and other Purebloods. But now I simply couldn't give two shits about anyone's opinions besides yours. So that is why I want you to make me the happiest and luckiest man alive by becoming my wife" Draco says, his eyes brimming with tears.

I didn't realize that he had moved but now he's bending down on one knee, holding an open little black box towards me. A hand automatically shot up to my mouth in shock as tears brimmed in my eyes.

I didn't know he had liked me for that long. Subconsciously I think that I've liked him ever since I broke his nose as well.

I slowly nod my head 'yes', not trusting my voice from not cracking.

Draco looks at me with a wide smile on his face as he pushes himself back up into a standing position. He takes he ring out of the box and easily slides it onto my ring finger.

It's a gold band that has a large emerald in the center, and next to it are two small white diamonds. It's a simply beautiful ring.

"I love you" Draco says, pulling me into a hug.

"I love you too"