7: telling them

~ Hermione's P.O.V ~

It's been a week and a half since term started and I'm ready to tell Harry, Ron, and Ginny the truth about who I really am. I've wanted to since Monday this week and it's all I can think about. They deserve to know since they've always been there for me and they're my best friends.

It's Saturday so I'm going to go to the Gryffindor Common Room to tell them. I would tell them in a more private location, like the Heads Dorm, but we really can't all meet up somewhere else.

"Ginny?" I said.

Only Ginny and I were in the Heads Dormitory at the moment. Luna was walking the grounds with Neville, Susan is hanging with the Hufflepuffs, and Draco and Blaise are somewhere around the castle.

*I'm telling Harry, Ron, and Ginny today*

Ever since Draco and I shook hands that day in the library we've been friendly towards each other but haven't gone out of our way to talk to each other. At least he isn't calling me a Mudblood anymore.

"In here!" Ginny yells from the kitchen.

I leave our bedroom and walk into the kitchen. She's eating a bowl of cereal and wearing her pajamas even though it's almost noon.

*Okay. If they hurt you tell me and I'll hex them to oblivion*

I try not to laugh at what Blaise said or should I say thought? He sounded so much like Harry.

"You know how I had some..family stuff happen over the summer?" I said, wondering if she even remembered.

"Yeah and that you wouldn't tell me" Ginny said, placing a hand on her hip.

Of course she would bring that up. I did tell them I would tell them eventually and sooner is better then later, right?

"Well I'm gonna tell you today. Along with Harry and Ron. They're expecting us in the Gryffindor Common Room in about ten minutes" I said.

She set down her bowl of cereal on the counter and swiftly walked into our bedroom, closing the door behind her. She comes out a minute later in a grey tee-shirt and jeans.

We leave the dormitory and make our way to Gryffindor Tower. The Fat Lady smiles at us when we approach. Since I'm Head Girl I know the password to all of the house common rooms.

"domum superbia" I say and the portrait swings open.

domum superbia is 'house pride' in Latin. The password is usually something in Latin, and it's usually something spiteful towards Slytherin.

Ginny and I walk into the Gryffindor common room and are greeted by Dean and Seamus.

"Are Harry and Ron here?" I asked.

"They're upstairs, I'll go get them" Seamus said.

I nod. Seamus walks up stairs to the boys dormitory. A minute later he comes down with Harry and Ron.

"Hey 'Mione, Ginny" Harry said, a pleasant expression resting upon his face.

"Is there someplace..private that we can talk?" I asked, looking around the common room.

There were a few students milling around the room so I don't want to tell them in here. I want to tell them in a place that's absolutely private.

"Uh..we could take a walk around the grounds?" Harry suggests.

"Okay, sure" I agree.

We leave the common room and silently walk down the halls. We pass a few students but none of whom I know by name.

Once we made it outside my heart started to beat faster. What if they hated me? What if they were angry that I didn't tell them sooner.

"So..'Mione what's up?" Ron asks, apprehensively.

"Uh..so you know how I had some..family stuff happened over the summer" I said. I waited for them to all nod before I continued, "Well, I found out that I was adopted"

Shock passes through all of their faces. Harry looks as if he was going to say something but doesn't.

"But that isn't all of it. My real parents are Marcus and Channary Zabini" I said.

"What?! Zabini as in Blaise Zabini?" Ron practically yelled.

I looked around and was comforted by the fact that I couldn't see any students near us.

"Yes, Blaise is my twin brother" I said in a hushed tone.

"So is Hermione even your real name?" Ron asked, somewhat angrily. He crosses his arms in front of his chest.

"N-no. My name is Destiny Skyler Zabini. But please call me Hermione" I said, surprised that Ron is so angry.

"So..that girl the other day is your little sister?" Harry asked, not sounding angry.

"Her name is Virginia and yes, she is my little sister. I also have a nine year old brother named Lucas" I said.

"How could you not tell us?!" Ron yelled, sounding outraged.

"Because I just found out in July and wanted to tell you in person!" I snapped at him.

"You found out in July and are just telling us now? Shows how much you trust us" Ron said, his face red from anger.

"If I didn't trust you, Ronald, I wouldn't have told you" I snapped at him.

"Whatever. Just..don't talk to me anymore" Ron said, walking away.

"What the hell Ron!" Ginny yelled at her brothers retreating figure.

"So..do you guys hate me too?" I asked in a quiet voice.

Ginny looked at me with shock in her eyes. Her expression was mirrored in Harry's fave.

"I could never hate you for something like that. You can't control who your parents are" Ginny said.

"I'm with Ginny. Ron's a stupid git but he'll come around, he always does" Harry said.

I simply nod.

At least Harry and Ginny don't hate me.

~*~

Hey guys! Sorry that these chapters have been extremely short but a long chapter is coming very soon!

Ron is such an asshole but there's more of him in this story so get ready.

And more DraMione and potential Blinny (Blaise X Ginny) is coming up in the next few chapters.

Also please comment if you see any grammar or spelling mistakes, I try to edit as I write but I may miss some things.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and stay tuned for more chapters!

XoXo

Kat_Granger