17: Christmas Day pt.1

~ Hermione ~

"HERMIONE! Wake up!" Someone yells, yanking me from my sleep.

I leap to a sitting position in my bed to hear someone pounding at my door. I call for them to open the door. It almost instantly flys open with Blaise, Virginia, and Lucas standing on the other side.

They're all wearing Christmas themed pajamas. So am I. Virginia and I are matching in white tank tops and red plaid pajama pants. Blaise and Lucas are matching in white tank tops and green plaid pajama pants.

"Hurry up!" Virginia yells.

I quickly throw myself out of bed. Before I can say anything, they're all running downstairs.

Oh yeah, today's Christmas and they all want to open their presents already. I rush downstairs after them and run into the main lounge.

"Holy shit!" I exclaim.

There's a bloody wall of presents around the tree! Literally I can only see the star of the tree because the rest is blocked by Christmas presents. Blaise, Virginia, and Lucas are already dismantling the wall to get their presents,

"Destiny!" Channary exclaims.

I look to see her and Marcus sitting in the same places try were sitting in yesterday. She had called me Destiny. So they're all going to call me that today.

"S-sorry" I say sheepishly.

"Destiny, sit down and I'll get your presents" Blaise says.

"Oh, alright" I mumble.

I sit down on the couch in the same spot that I was sitting in yesterday.

"When is everyone arriving?" Virginia asks.

"Everyone?" I ask, confused.

I thought it was just going to be us, our grandparents, and Aunt Lorelai. Maybe Channary and Marcus had invited more family members?

"Your grandparents, Marcus' younger sister Lorelai, my older brother Anthony, and his daughter's Elizabeth and Emma. Elizabeth is you and Blaise's age but she went to Beauxbatons because her mother is French. Emma is fourteen and also attends Beauxbaton" Channary explains.

More family I never knew existed.

"Lizzie and Em are really nice, I think you'll like them Destiny" Lucas says.

"Agreed" Virginia says.

"Yeah, I think Em is a lot like you" Blaise says.

"In what ways?" I asked, wanting to know more about my cousin.

"She likes to read and is top of her class" Blaise says.

"Emma is a very smart girl, just like you Destiny" Marcus says.

I nod.

~~~

After ten minutes of giving presents to the people they were intended for, everyone was sitting down.

Each of us, Blaise, Virginia, Lucas, and I, had a moderately sized pile of presents at each of our feet. Channary and Marcus also had a few.

Blaise, Virginia, Lucas, and I all chipped in and paid for a week long vacation for our parents. The vacation is to the Bahamas and the week is the week we go back to Hogwarts. Lucas will be spending the week with Grandma Astrid and Grandpa Quentin.

"Go ahead, open them" Channary said with a smile on her face.

Virginia is the first to open a present. It's a Boom Box. Then Blaise opens his first present and it's also a Boom Box. Lucas and I also get Boom Boxes for our first presents.

~~~~

By the time were done opening our presents I had more clothes, books, and CD's then I know what do with.

"Alright, you guys open yours now" Blaise says.

He stands up and hands Marcus and Channary the envelope with the plane tickets in it. Channary opens it and gasps. She looks up at us and has a wide smile on her face.

"You guys didn't have to. And where will Lucas go?" Channary said.

"With Grandma Astrid and Grandpa Quentin. They already said they would do it" Lucas piped up.

"O-okay. Thank you guys so much" Channary said, looking proudly at us.

The next person to open a present is Marcus. Channary had gotten him a brand new gold watch. She had also gotten him a new wallet and some books.

Marcus had gotten Channary a new green cocktail dress, some jewelry, and he had also bought her some books.

Then there was a knock at the front door. Marcus stands and leaves the foyer.

The main lounge had fallen into silence, everyone wondering who had knocked at the front door. We could all hear the front door and a muffled conversation in between Marcus and a woman.

Marcus returned to the main foyer with an older man and an older woman. The older man looks almost exactly like Marcus but has more masculine features and curly greying brown hair. The woman has light brown eyes, caramel skin, and long black hair.

The older woman is of average height and the older man is very tall, taller than Marcus and Blaise.

"Grandma Astrid! Grandpa Quentin!"