24: New Years Eve pt.3

~ Hermione ~

Draco, Pansy, and Theo awkwardly walk into the room. They probably feel as if they just walked in on a family conversation.

Thank God Virginia and Lucas didn't catch on like Channary or I wouldn't hear the end of it. Hell, Virginia might've gone and told Draco and said it was to 'help' me.

They all look extremely good; especially Draco. Yeah, he looks really really good. Ugh, now I sound like a stereotypical infatuated school girl.

Pansy's wearing a red knee-length cocktail dress. Her dress is matched with her deep red lipstick and pitch black winged eye liner. Theo is wearing a tailored navy blue suit and black Oxfords.

Draco is wearing a well tailored black suit and black Oxfords. He doesn't have any product in his hair, meaning it doesn't look greasy and is somewhat hanging into his stormy grey eyes. I have to admit that I like his hair better with no product in it.

"Hey guys!" Blaise says in a happy time, ending the awkward silence that was beginning to settle in the room.

"Hey Blaise" Draco says with a friendly smile.

"Hey Hermione" Theo says, sending me a friendly smile.

"Hey Theo" I said.

After I said that there was a knock at the door. The Weasley's and Harry has finally arrived.

Channary opens the door and let's the Weasley Clan and Harry inside the house. After the last one, who just so happened to be Ginny, walked inside the house Channary closed the door behind them.

Arthur, George, and Ron are all wearing old looking black suits. Harry's suit looks relatively new; he must've gotten it recently or from someone else.

Molly is wearing a light green dress that doesn't look extremely formal. She isn't wearing makeup but is wearing a wide smile on her face.

Ginny is wearing a cocktail dress paired with red high heels. She's not wearing any makeup besides some nude lipstick and black winged eye liner.

"Seeing as how everyone is here, let's adjourn to the ballroom" Channary says.

She starts to lead the way to the ballroom, a room which I haven't been in yet. Apparently they keep it locked unless they're using it so Virginia and Lucas don't mess anything up. Apparently they painted the whole room neon yellow a few years ago and Channary still hasn't forgiven them for it.

We arrive in front of two dark green doors with a big 'Z' engraved in the middle of the doors. Channary pulls a key out of somewhere and unlocks the door.

The doors open with a loud creak but soon enough were in the ballroom. And it's HUGE! I swear everyone except Blaise, Virginia, Lucas, Marcus, Channary, and Aunt Lorelai audibly gasp at the sight of the room. No wonder why Zabini Manor is larger than Malfoy Manor.

It's probably the size of the Great Hall in Hogwarts! There are circular tables filling up one side and there's also two buffet tables on that side of the room.

The rest of the room is one big dance floor. The floors are a dark blue and the walls are nearly black. There are maybe six windows in the whole room, causing it to be somewhat dark.

Channary flips a switch next the door and the multiple crystal chandelier's turn on, instantly brightening the room.

There's also quiet classical music playing from somewhere in the room.

"Don't just stand there, please come in" Channary says.

She leads us all inside of the giant ballroom as if it was a normal lounge or something. Rich people really know how to build large houses.

After a few minutes of silence, the adults including George adjourn to the tables on the other side of the room than the dance floor. A slow song starts playing that I don't know the name of.

The whole room is quiet when Blaise walks up to Ginny.

"Could I have this dance?" He asks, his cheeks as red as tomatoes while he holds out his hand for Ginny.

Ginny, who's cheeks are currently redder than her hair, nods and gives Blaise her hand. He leads them a little bit away from the crowd and they start dancing. Dancing as in swaying awkwardly in tune to the song. His hands are around his waist and her arms are around his neck. They look so cute.

The whole room is watching them but they solely pay attention to each other. Blaise whispers something to Ginny, causing her to blush and laugh at the same time.

Then the most unexpected thing happened. Draco walked over to me and smiled.

"Could I have this dance, Hermione?" He asks softly, his cheeks aflame.

He holds out his hand towards me just like Blaise did to Ginny a few second ago. I feel myself start blushing and force myself to look him in the eye.

"Of course, Draco" I say, giving him my hand.

He looks at me with genuine happiness. He leads me away from everyone and we start dancing like how Blaise and Ginny are. Every so often Blaise would say something that would make Ginny burst out laughing but other than that the room is fairly quiet.

I look him straight in the eye and immediately know that I look like a freaking tomato.

"I've waited to do this for awhile, y'know" Draco whispers.

"Oh really? Then why didn't you?" I asked him quietly, arching a brow at him.

"Because I was simply too afraid of being rejected" Draco replies honestly.

"Well you shouldn't have" I replied.

"W-what?" He stutters.

"You shouldn't have because you wouldn't have been rejected" I reply, smiling at him.

He smiles at me with a wide smile and extremely red cheeks. Draco looks cute when he blushes and even cuter when he's smiling.

After the song was done we kept dancing/swaying. So did Ginny and Blaise.

"W-would you like to be my girlfriend?" Draco asks.

I look at him and my heart speeds up. Did he just ask me to be his girlfriend?

"Y-yes" I stutter, smiling up at him with an extremely wide smile.

Draco smiled then he started leaning down. I lean up and our lips meet. It's only for a second because we're interrupted by loud clapping.

I look around the room and see that everyone, except for Ron, is clapping for us. Blaise has his arm thrown over Ginny's shoulder. He must've asked her out and she must've said yes.

And I thought this day was going to be a bad day.

Oh how wrong I was.