Untitled Part 30

Charlie's P.O.V

I heard the gasp of the family, friends and subjects that was invited to my betrothal. I was about to run into my lover's arms but was stopped by Scott holding my risk, I could feel it starting to become sore, most likely leaving a bruise.

"LET! ME! GO!" I shouted at Scott before kicking him in the body part where I knew it would hurt the most.

I ran down the isle of the old church, it felt like an eternity but in reality, only lasted two second before was wrapped in my mate's arms, I could feel his warmth flood into me as we held each other. I could feel the smile spreading across his lips as he held me.

I was pulled back from my mate's embrace and into my fathers, I could feel the anger radiating off him in tidal waves. It was as if he had stored all his anger up just for this day. I looked at my father and I couldn't tell what he was thinking but I knew it couldn't be good.

"Prince Damen, why are you here?" my father asked pushing me behind him and into the arms of a grad so that I couldn't make an escape for it.

"I am here for my mate and next demon queen." He said as if it was nothing important.

"I'm sorry but as you can see she was about to marry Scott and unite are kingdoms." My father said turning his back on Damen and walking towards me. "And there is nothing you can do to stop it!" I could see the smirk on his face as he looked at me.

"Oh, but that's Where your wrong, it clearly states that after Charlie's first shift she has till the next full moon to find her mate and become pregnant with that person's child." Damen said holding up the paper and showing the room what he had found.

"That's a lie, I checked it for any lop whole that could stop the wedding and found none." He said looking at the paper, he smirked before looking around the room before his eyes narrowed on to his sons. "Why are you just standing there, you should be helping me get rid of him so this wedding can go on."

"Father this is wrong just let them be together." Nash said stepping forwards and gesturing towards me and Damen. "What is in this for you anyway?"

"I will give you till the next full moon but when the clock strikes twelve o'clock I will send my men with Scott to come to get her if she isn't expecting." My father said before the guard tossed me onto the floor and in front of Damen.

I heard my father leave the church along with his guard and I couldn't be anymore relived than already was but I couldn't help but think, I have until the next full moon to become pregnant and complete the mating prosses.

"come on let's get you back home." I heard the soft voice say before being picked up and carried out of the church and into the forest.

"Damen what are we going to do?" I asked before I closed my eyes and put my head into his chest.

"I don't know but whatever happen we will get through this together, no matter what!" I heard him say before I dozed off in his arms.