Late Night Talks // Buster Posey

I feel the blankets fall from my body, bringing goosebumps over my exposed skin. I rub my eyes before reaching down and lifting the heavy blankets back onto the bed. I fling half the blanket on the top of Buster's half-naked body, turning to face him as I rest my head on my pillow. I stare up at his face, lit up by the moonlight shining through the open curtain. I lift a hand up to his face, slightly brushing my fingers along his sharp jawline. He shuffles around before turning on his side to face me, still in a heavy sleep. I continue to let my hands subtly explore his face, gazing at him in adoration. I cup his face in both of my hands and run my thumbs over his eyebrows before gliding them across the rest of his skin until I reach his jawline again. He scrunches up his face before slowly blinking his eyes open slightly. He lifts his head up to look at the clock that's behind me before dropping his head back on his pillow. "(Y/N)... it's the middle of the night, what are you doing?" He says huskily.
"Can I ask you something?" I say quietly, only slightly feeling bad for waking him up at this hour. "Of course, you can ask me anything. Just not at 2am." He replies, no anger in his voice but, his eyes are still tightly shut. "It'll be quick, I promise." I say, waiting for him to reply again but deciding he won't answer me unless I bug him more. "Why did you fall in love with me, Buster?" I simply ask, still looking at the face I love the most in the world. Buster's eyes slowly open. He looks at me for a moment before placing a hand under my chin and rubbing his thumb over it. He places a soft kiss on my nose. "That's definitely not a quick question but I wouldn't pass this up." He says smiling at me. "Why did you?" I ask again. "Let me just start from the start so you get the whole perspective," he begins, my eyes moving from his lips to his eyes every second, "I basically fell in love with you, or at least knew I wanted to get to know you, from the first moment you walked into the park. I knew, just from one glance, that I needed you in my life and I decided I'd do whatever it took to make sure that happened. When I watched you walk up to your group of friends and everyone's faces lit up at your presence and your gorgeous smile, I knew. I knew you'd bring so much light and happiness and sunshine into my life, I had to have you." My eyes begin to tear up as he spills his heart out. "When we went on our first date, and I'd expected you to be slightly cold towards me because of who I am, that's what I was used to. But you weren't at all. You made me smile so hard my cheeks hurt. And every time you laughed, I didn't want to take my eyes off of you. And the way your hair would fall over your shoulder and cover your face as you brought your hand up to cover your beautiful smile while you laughed. You do that all the time still. It's so cute. I never could have imagined that this girl, who walked into a packed baseball stadium with an aura of brightness around her would have changed my life so dramatically." He glides a hand across both of my cheeks to remove the tears that escaped my eyes. "And now? Now, I check my phone when I'm at BP or out doing something to check if you've texted me. I get excited on the way home because I know you'll be waiting here for me. I love the sound of your laugh when you're baking something in the kitchen and I hug you from behind before you smear something across my face. I love when you turn over in the morning and your hair rests against your nose as your eyes flutter open to meet mine. I love the way our bodies fit together. I love the way your hands intertwine with mine, how soft your skin is. I love the way you say my name. I love how you always seem to pick up my broken pieces no matter how far away they've gone, you always find them. I love how you're a constant light in my life. When I look into your eyes, I don't see a reflection, I see the world, I see hope, and faith and everything good in the world. You are my world. And I love the world more and more every day. I fell in love with you in every way you could ever love another being. And I fell all at once. I love how you hold my heart and I would never trust anyone else with it. I love you, (Y/N)." Buster places another kiss on my nose after finishing his novel. My heart is doing flips and I can't help but cry at the man in front of me. "How did I ever deserve you?" I ask, my lips salty from the tears. "You deserve everything in the world, (Y/N). You are my world."