Doubts Reassured // Christian Yelich

*Requested*
-
"Babe" I hear the distress in his voice. I look to the room to see him sprawled out on the bed. "What is it?" He signals his hand towards the bed. He moves over and pulls you on top of him. Looking at him while laying on his chest you can't help but wonder what he's thinking.
"You know I love you right?" Christian speaks up. Nodding your head you sigh "What are you trying to say Yelich?" He looks at you before running his hand through your hair.
"What do you see in a couple years?" By this time your hand is intertwined in his. "Hm I don't know, hopefully still together, You having a lot of success. Supporting you through it all" He laughs , "Well that's good babygirl, What else do you see?" You give him a rather dry look.
"And what about you mister? What do you see?" He pauses before speaking up, "Well I don't know I guess I never really think about the future, honestly. I focus on the present. Ever since José passed. I've just been all about what's right now because tomorrow's not promised." You can't help but tear up. "Babe I know that but-" He cuts you off. "But what? Kristen I don't know what the future's going to hold? What if something happens to me, I don't want to be consumed onto something that hasn't happened. It would take a lot of focus out of me."  He still hasn't mentioned us. "Okay and what else?" He ponders it. "Well maybe the success in my baseball career. I've always wanted to be up there with the greats, alongside Giancarlo." He looks like a little kid. By this time we've moved ourselves and his back is against the headboard and I'm in between his legs. Now here's the moment of truth. "Christian?" I hear him breathe. "Yes?" Here it goes. "Do-Do you see us together?" It silent. Hm so that's how he sees it. "Kristen, Babe Honestly I don't know,Maybe. I don't know, its not- its just, feelings change." Fighting the tears you sit up and remove yourself to the end of the bed.  "Oh is that so?" You quietly say. He sighs as you feel the bed dip beside you. His hand quickly finds yours. "Look its not like it seems, I'm -" "Then what is it Christian, cause its obviously you don't see me in your future. I've been here for you since your rookie years and you're just going to throw that all away." By this time you're crying. Christian gets on his knees and gets down in front of you. "Babe stop crying, I love you, I do. I get it I fucked up, I just ugh- The thought of loosing you is heartbreaking and I know what I said wasn't convincing but I'm sorry." You can't help but shake your head. "No you don't Christian, I regret ever talking about this." He sighs and starts walking out before saying "I'll be back later, love you."
-
Its  been 3 hours since Christian left and you can't help but worry. Slowly convincing yourself he's okay you get a bath ready. After awhile of being in the tub you rinse off and get into some pjs. You look down and smile. They're the black silk ones with the lace trimming Christian had bought you for Christmas, You remember you opened them in front of your family and your Dad was not pleased. You settle on some Netflix and get comfy. About an hour later you hear the door to your shared apartment open. "Kristen" You knew that voice.  "In the room." you say bluntly. "Wow" You look and see Christian with a big bouquet of roses and his mouth agape. "Hm and is this how you expect me to expect your apology Yelich?" He snaps out of his daze and shakes his head. "N-No uh Actually I have something to tell you." He goes towards you and hands you the roses. "Uhm so earlier I realized what you were getting at long before you brought it up again. " He continues. "Well to be honest, You made me want to think of the future." You start feeling overwhelmed. "And I want to be with you. I want you in my future-" He gets down on a knee. "Kristen I want this to be our future. I want you to be with me everyday. I love you more than anything. I want to start a family, I don't want you to doubt us and everything that comes to us. Kristen will you marry me?" Crying you nod your head and watch him slip the ring on. "You make me happy."