Fatherly Instinct // Buster Posey

(Y/N's)P.O.V
Buster has basically been pregnant with me during the last 4 months. He would wake me up in the middle of the night saying he was craving a cheeseburger and did I want one. I mean, obviously I did, but who's the pregnant one here? Watching the excitement in his face as we set up the nursery and picked out clothes and toys and bedding was the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life. He's been looking forward to meeting our little baby since the very first day it was confirmed that I was pregnant. I love him for that. For always supporting, and loving, and caring for me.
All of these heartwarming thoughts are flooding my brain as I stare at him pacing back and forth in the hospital room. "Baby relax, I'm fine. My contractions aren't that close together yet. Have patience." I say trying to calm him down a little. He just huffs and stands still, tapping his foot restlessly on the ground. "Buster, Come here." I reach out my hand as he walks over to me, a defeated look on his face. "I'm sorry. Sorry," he says, taking both of my hands in his, "I'm just so nervous and I want everything to go as perfectly as possible. And I just really love you so much and-" His mini testimony is interrupted by the doctor finally entering the room with a warm smile on his face.
Buster's P.O.V
Today's the day. (Y/N's) lying in her hospital gown in the hospital bed looking adorable. And really pregnant ,I didn't even know stomachs could grow that big. She's still the most beautiful girl in the world to me though. This has been a long time coming and I've never felt more excited or nervous. There's nothing I want more in the world than to have a beautiful family with (Y/N) but I just want it to be perfect. And that's what scares me. I've read up on all the birth, labour, maternal stuff... and I think I know what's going on. Right now I've been trying to monitor her contractions but it's confusing Where's the damn doctor?
Everything escalated so fast. Within a matter of minutes (Y/N's) voice was filling the room in painful cries. I hated seeing her so uncomfortable. Her hair was all stuck down to her face due to her sweating. My poor baby, it must be so hard for her. I grab hold of her hand when her eyes are finally open again. She clasps my hand hard and begins to sob, clearly exhausted and in pain. "You're doing so well baby, I'm so proud of you. Keep going, you're doing great" I say to her quietly before kissing her on the hand. She's told to push again and again as her screams become more louder.It's  bittersweet seeing her struggle like this and I wish I could make it stop but the outcome is something so beautiful that it will all be worth it. I stay holding her hand as she squeezes mine tighter on every push. I'd decided to stay up this end of the bed because, as much as I love every inch of her body, I didn't think I'd really be able to handle what's going on down there. "You're doing so well, baby." I whisper to her, rubbing my thumb back and forth over her clammy hand.
-
Sitting in this chair, looking at this beautiful little human being in front of me, all wrapped up in a pink blanket, my heart is pounding and bleeding copious amounts of love. I look up and smile at (Y/N) who's sitting at the edge of the hospital bed. "She's so beautiful. I'm so so proud of you, baby." I say to her, tearing up. "I'm proud of us." she says, showing her perfect smile. I look back down at the infant I'm holding in my arms, sleeping with her eyes shut softly. She has a little head of dark brown hair and the most beautiful little face I've ever laid my eyes on. "I'm gonna be a good dad." I say, smiling down at the little baby in my arms. I hear (Y/N) sob as I lift my head to look at her. "I'm fine. Sorry. It's probably just the hormones. And it's just so beautiful to see you two sitting there. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now." she says. "I love you," I say, smiling at (Y/N), "and I love you, little baby girl." I whisper to my beautiful, peaceful baby who is laying ever so quietly in my arms.