Chapter 9

The day before finals.

 I was already getting nervous thinking about the crowd, specifically my group. I got a message that we had to assemble in the hall for instructions. So I took off on my bicycle.

I reached the hall. Ryan was giving directions and time for being ready backstage. He divided us in a group of 5, to be performed in three sets. Marcus was in the 2nd set and I was in the last set. And that Taylor also was in my group. I was feeling crazy because she was the one person I disliked and she kept getting in and around me. He gave important markers to each set and left them. Our group was last. I was 2nd one to go. And Taylor was 4th. 

She started behaving weird around Ryan. She was trying to flirt with him and tried to change her position to the initial. Ryan told her that it was possible only if someone swapped places with her. She was trying harder, more likely trying to seduce him. I couldn't take that. I shouted that I was ready to swap places. Yeah, I didn't believe myself for a while but anyways she got away from him. He gave me a smile as if he was thanking me for saving him from Taylor! It felt so nice, seeing him smile back. 

Then I went home. Practised. Kept clothes and ID card ready for the doomsday! And went to sleep.

***

I got up and saw the alarm. It was 4 am. I couldn't sleep well. The excitement and nervousness together made my mind run faster than ever. Thinking of positive and negative outcomes. Gosh! I need to stop. I was just rolling on bed. It was 4.45 am now. I decided to cast off the blanket and wake up. I cleaned up the room. Checked the CD and practised the dance. Got fresh and ready with the dance dress. Packed my stuff. I heard the honking of a car. 

Ryan! No...he is the silent one. He won't honk. I opened the door and found Kina in the car.

Kina: Hop in! I know its an important day. So I thought, let me give you a ride.

Me: love you dear!

And we reached college. I got ahead to the rehearsal hall to check with the line up. Everyone had gathered and Ryan was assigning numbers to us with the entry tag to avoid confusion. I looked at him but he didn't notice me. I don't know but I wanted him to wish me luck or at least say something. When he looked at me, I smiled. But he didn't smile back. Ah! How mean ! Can't he even smile back? If not as a known person but for courtesy's sake! My face kind of dropped down. 

I took the tag without facing him and he went away. We all contestants wished each other and started lining up. I hugged Marcus best wishes though he didn't need them as he was a fabulous dancer. He asked me why I looked so low. I told him it was my nervousness. Then we all got separated, waiting for our chance. I felt like crumbling the tag and throwing it away. When I turned it, I noticed some writing behind it. 'All the Best Miss Talkative :) ' What ? Talkative and me? Huh... Wait a minute...he isn't mean after all. He wished me! I couldn't help but smile. And suddenly I saw him passing by with a smirk on his face. 

Two groups got over. And it was my group, finally being announced for solo performances. As usual, Taylor started showing off. I didn't want to watch her, so I began to go to next room.

The music started. 

'I want it all day long, Am addicted like its wrong'. 

Why do I feel I have heard the song before. Wait a minute...its my song! What the heck is going on? I ran backstage and saw her perform. This can't be real. I told myself but of no use. I was shaken. Badly. I couldn't believe that was happening right in front of me. And I ran out to the green room and broke down crying. It was the same feeling of disgust rushing in me like my childhood performance. It was playing a rewind of every moment I felt and the hatred was rising again. The door behind me flung open and I drifted back to my sobbing in room. It was Ryan.

A/N: That gesture was cute. How does Ryan manage to do all that? sweet :3 But that Taylor will never leave him alone....arghhh. Don't you feel angry when she tries to woo him? 

And look at what she did to Riley! Copied her song and dance steps? Scratching wound's of her childhood that didn't heal? Too pathetic!

What do you feel will Riley's reaction be? Will she quit or will Ryan help her out? To know what happens next, Stay glued for the journey ahead!

DO VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE my story! Your appreciation is valuable :)