Chapter 18

I got up and moved over to take Ryan's cell phone. Damn...everything looked so blurry. But its a good thing we can give voice commands. His music playlist was horrible. A few songs and that too cranky ones. I hate that shit. I deleted all of them. And started downloading new songs which I had in my favorite list. 

I slowly freed my hand and went in the living room. I connected the phone to the beats audio speakers. I decided to play the song and sing along with it. And it went on full volume.

"The full moon

Is shining like a spotlight

I could just sit and listen to you talkin' all night

When you whisper

Yeah, baby, when you lean in

I get a crazy, crazy good kind of feelin' "...*singing the chorus later*

Ryan's POV

I woke up in shock hearing the loud music. I looked aside and found Riley missing. I realized the music and singing was from my room only. I rushed outside and saw her singing and dancing on the couch with the speakers attached to the cellphone. Wait a minute!... That's my phone...but I don't remember having this song. I came forward to stop her. Instead she looked at me and started singing again.

"Baby, you sound good to me

Baby, you sound so good to me

Mm-m-mm like a melody

Baby, you sound good to me.."

I knew that she wouldn't stop. So I unplugged the phone.

Riley: The song is bigger...how did it end so soon?

Me: Get down from the couch!

Riley: No...I want to sing...please...its my favorite song.

Me: Its very late...Go and sleep. Don't disturb people here.

Riley: Which people? Its only me and you here! I am enjoying and you are the one who is getting disturbed. Wait...you are always that way...sad and grumpy faced.

Me: Stop!

Riley: I have an idea! I will sing and you dance. Its perfect.

Me: Its enough craziness for today! Now get down or ..

Riley: Or else what?

Me: (I went and picked her up from the couch and walked towards the bedroom)

Riley: Hey...what are you doing? Leave me down...or else I will start shouting!

Me: There is no one to listen here. You can try all you can.

Riley: Help! This guy here is trying to kidnap me....Help!

Me: (I put her on the bed and closed the mouth with my hand) Enough it is...now just sleep.

Riley: mmhmm...

I removed the rope from the bath robe. I tied one of her hand to mine. So that she doesn't run away doing something stupid. Then I tucked her to sleep. And finally I could sleep peacefully. 

POV end.

I could hear a voice, singing melodiously. An alarm maybe. I was asleep when suddenly I felt a pull. I was rubbing my eyes open when my hand got pulled and I rolled over something. I realized that I was on top of Ryan who had a bare upper body. Our eyes met. The moment was sweet yet weird.

Ryan: Why are you on me?

Me: Ouch! My hand is hurting!

Ryan: Oh..wait a minute , let me untie our hands.

Me: Why did you tie our hands? Like I am some prisoner...what happened last night? And why does my head still hurt?

Ryan: You don't remember... Seriously? You were drunk and acting like crazy.

Me: Drunk? And me? I never drink. Did you spike my drink?

Ryan: Wait...what? Did I spike the drink? You were the one who took the whiskey and locked yourself in the room. If you can't handle your drinks...then don't drink at all.

Me: Aah...my head...it feels so heavy!

Ryan: Stay calm. Let me grab you some medicine on that headache of yours.

Me: I don't need an aspirin. A lemonade will do.

Ryan: Its 7am in the morning. And the breakfast starts at 9am.

Me: But I am feeling hungry.

Ryan: Cause you didn't eat anything last night.

Me: Even you didn't eat..but why ain't you hungry?

Ryan: Yeah but I can tolerate it.

Me: Are you even a normal human?

Ryan: Staying with you, does anybody remain normal?

Me: You're so mean. Let it be.

Ryan: I told you the truth.

We got fresh and had the breakfast.

Ryan's POV

After the breakfast, we came up to our room. Sitting on the couch, I still wonder, what is it about her that makes me crazy about her? I mean we fight like enemies all the time yet we care for each other like the best of friends. I kind of like arguing with her sometimes. At least someone does like to spend time with me. She makes me want to destroy my belief that 'People always leave!' . I wish I could do something for her. *Landline rings*

I picked the phone to answer.

Me: Hello

Receptionist: Hello Sir! The cab that ma'am ordered has arrived outside.

Me: What cab?

Receptionist: Your wife had ordered a cab ride to home. Before going to breakfast, she told me to inform her when it arrives. Thank you.

Wait a minute, My wife? When did I marry?

Riley: Whose call was it?

Me: Cross connection, I guess.

Riley: Why would she dial wrong?

What was she saying?

Me: She said that my wife ordered a cab ride.

Riley: Oh..its right. Actually, the people checked us in as Mr. And Mrs. Higa. So I had to use the name to book a cab. 

Me: Why cab?

Riley: Cause I need to get home. I don't want to stay here anymore. I checked in with officials as well. We can leave to our respective places.

Me: Let me drop you then.

Riley: No need. I have got a ride. I had come here alone and will go home the same way. You need not worry about it. Thank you for your help. And Good bye!

She walked out of the room slamming the door. How can she just leave like that? 

It was time to play a bit crazy. I wanted to drop her home. I checked out of the room and ran towards my car. Before the cab headed out of the gate I overtook it and stopped my car. 

POV end.

A/N: Woah..Riley is so mischievous! Turning up the music and singing. Poor Ryan had to wake up and take her to bed. So caring...tying her to him :P And the next day acting like total strangers. 

Seems like Ryan doesn't want anyone else to drop her I suppose...too possessive since the incident! To know what happens next, Stay glued to the journey ahead!

DO VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE my story! Your votes and comments are valuable :)