(9)

"can we order a pizza?" ryan asked cole, hearing her stomach rumble over and over again as they sat in the kitchen of cole's house. cole chuckled and nodded.

"what do you want, and i swear to god if you say pineapple."

"why are you so against pineapple?" ryan giggled.

"do we live in a tropical area? didn't think so." cole sassed, dialing the number for papa johns.

"okay mr. sassy pants." ryan stuck her tongue out. "i hate pineapple anyway."

"i knew there was a reason i kept you around." cole chuckled. ryan mocked his laugh and smiled.

cole ordered the pizza and the two of them sat on his couch in his living room, watching tv. they decided that they were going to start a show together, and they could only watch it if they were with each other.

"so, what's it gonna be, ms. miller." cole asked her, taking a sip from his beer.

"hmm..." ryan thought, although she already knew what she was going to say. "greys anatomy."

"no!" cole shouted, shaking his head.

"yes!"

"no!"

"yes!"

"no!"

"no!"

"yes!"

"ha!"

"dammit!" cole shouted again because he got tricked by the girl sitting beside him. "you fucking suck."

"i know." she winked.

"ew, i didn't mean it like that." cole said, making a face.

"neither did i." ryan laughed. "dirty-minded hoe." she grabbed the remote from cole and turned on netflix.

"can we please watch something else." cole said. "preferably something that doesn't make me want to stab my eyeballs with a fork." he smiled.

"fine." ryan gave in. "what do you wanna watch?"

"you're leaving it up to me?" cole asked.

"only if we both agree on the show." she said, taking a sip of her beer.

"friends." cole said after thinking.

"hell. yes." ryan agreed. "i never finished it."

"i've only seen a couple episodes." cole admitted.

"weren't you in it?" she asked him. "such a fake fan."

"that's what i'm saying. i've only seen the episodes that i was in." he laughed.

"well i've seen all the way to season 5." she chuckled. "and i'm so excited to see your tiny ass on the screen."

"are you sure it's me? it could have been dylan."

"we both know your the better actor." ryan winked. "never tell him i said that."

"i promise." cole laughed.

ryan smiled and started the show, hearing the theme song come on. she sang along, of course.

"so no one told you life was gonna be this way." she belted out, clapping her hands four times afterwards. "your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's doa."

"it's like you're always stuck in second gear." she sang, watching cole stare at her. "when it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year, but, i'll be there for you, when the rain starts to pour. i'll be there for you, like i've been there before. i'll be there for you, cause you're there for me, too." she finished with a big smile on her face.

cole started clapping slowly. "damn girl, you got a voice."

"thanks bud." she said, looking back at the tv. cole admired her for a few moments before hearing the doorbell ring.

"pizza's here." he said, jumping up and opening the door. he got the pizza and put it on the coffee table so ryan wouldn't have to get up. he grabbed napkins and more beers for the two of them.

"thanks, cole." ryan said. cole just smiled and began eating his pizza.

after eating the pizza and watching three episodes of friends, cole's door opened.

"well, well, look what we have here." they heard.

"dylan, how do you have a key to my house." cole said, watching as his twin brother sat in-between him and ryan.

"um, i made one, duh." he laughed. "sup, ry?"

"i'm tired as fuck dylan, you?"

"drunk." he said, clicking his tongue.

"go upstairs." cole said, pointing.

"i hate you." dylan said, getting up from the couch and trudging up the stairs. him and cole had a pact that if one of them ever got drunk, they would go to the other one's house and sleep there, so they didn't make any bad decisions.

"night, dyl." ryan said, watching the tall boy slowly make his way up.

dylan waved to her from behind.

ryan laid down on the couch, her head in cole's lap and her legs outstretched. "if i fall asleep, don't keep watching, i mean it." she told him.

"i won't, i swear." cole put his hands up defensively. "night, ry."

"night, cole."

[3/7/17]