(22)

"well that was fun." cole said as the last of the marvel cast left; it was christopher evans, of course.

"yeah." ryan smiled, putting a dish in the sink. "it really was. i missed them."

"so, how do you know them?" cole asked her. he had been thinking about that question for quite a long time. in his opinion, it made her even cooler.

"funny story, actually." ryan chuckled to herself. she jumped up on the counter and sat down. "so, when i was about 17, i was absolutely obsessed with gossip girl, and one day, i got an email saying that i had won a trip to meet the cast. apparently, my brother had signed me up for a contest to see who would ultimately meet the cast and tour the places where the show was filmed. sebastian happened to be one of the celebrities i was meeting and him and blake lively let me hang out with them for a while. i got both of their numbers and we've kept in touch ever since. when seb got his role as bucky in Captain America, he called me and told me to come visit the set. keep in mind by this time i was 20 and already beginning my acting career. so, i went to the set and met chris and we instantly became best friends. when chris got his role in The Avengers, he introduced me to everyone else and the rest is history." ryan finished, smiling.

"wow." cole said, mouth wide open. "that's amazing."

"i know, i got pretty lucky." ryan said. "who knows where i'd be if lawson didn't enter me into that stupid contest." she smirked. "i mean, seb was the one who got me my first audition. without him, i don't think i'd be where i am today."

"sebastian seems like a good guy." cole said.

"yeah, he is." ryan said. "come on, let's go watch one tree hill." she said, hopping off the counter.

"if you insist." cole followed her, sitting beside her on the couch.

cole wrapped his arm around her as ryan curled into his side, like they did every night. only, tonight, cole got a sense of urgency. he wanted to kiss her, and he didn't know how to stop himself.

he pulled his arm away and ryan sat up, confused. "what are you-"

in moments, cole's lips were on her's. ryan was shocked. she didn't expect for this to ever happen, let alone right now.

she pushed him off of her and blinked. "w-what just happened?"

"i kissed you." cole said.

"yes, okay, i understand that." ryan said sarcastically. "but, why?"

"because, i don't know... i like you, ryan." cole said, a pink blush reaching his cheeks. "you make me feel like no other girl has before."

ryan was speechless. she would have never thought in a million years that cole sprouse would be confessing his feelings to her. "i don't know what to say." ryan said.

"j-just forget it." cole said, standing up. "i'm gonna go."

ryan grabbed his hand. "no, don't."

"ryan, i don't wanna stay if this is gonna be awkward." cole said.

"it's gonna be awkward no matter what. if we don't talk about this now, we're just gonna have to talk about this later, and it will be just as weird." she said, motioning for the man standing before her to sit down. cole nodded, taking his previous seat.

"i shouldn't have kissed you." cole said. "i just couldn't not kiss you. it was like something took over me."

"cole, it's okay." ryan said. "i... i think i might like you, too."

"you do?" cole questioned, completely taking back by her confession.

"yeah." ryan said. "but i don't want to get hurt again. i don't want to live in fear of someone leaving me for someone else, like daniel did. i can't shake the feeling that i'm not good enough."

"is that why you said you didn't want to date right now? you thought i would leave you?" he asked her.

"the thought crossed my mind." she said. "i just figured that if we were just friends, and you left, it would hurt less."

"ryan, i promise... i will never leave you." he said, taking her hand in his. "i don't think i even could if i tried. the moment you entered my life, my world got brighter."

"that was cheesy." ryan giggled.

"well, i'm cheesy." he said. "i thought you would have learned that by now." he smirked.

"how about... we give this a try?" ryan said hesitantly; she was afraid of the rejection.

"i would love nothing more." cole smiled. the two leaned in and connected their lips once more. "you truly are amazing, ryan miller."

"as are you, cole sprouse." she smiled. "i only have one favor. can we not tell anyone yet?"

"sure." cole smiled. "may i ask why?"

"i don't want the media involved in my life. it will just make everything turn to shit and i don't think i could handle it." she said.

"i get it." cole said. "i'm right there with you."

"can we keep watching now?" ryan asked. "i must see the end of season 3."

"of course." cole said, placing a kiss on her forehead. ryan curled up next to him again, except, this time, their hands were intertwined.

[3/27/17]

i'm not moving this story to fast, am i? yikes i suck at writing lollllll