(16)

lawson awoke from surgery with ryan right by his side. he was recovering, and the miller family was over the moon.

"you scared me, law." ryan said, holding her brother's hand like her life depended on it.

"i know, ry. i'm sorry." he said. "i won't ever do it again."

"promise?" she asked, holding out her pinky finger.

"promise." he said, locking his finger with her's. that's how they would always make promises. "now, are you gonna introduce me to your boyfriend?"

"he's not my boyfriend." ryan said. "this is my good friend cole."

"ouch, friend-zoned." lawson said, looking at cole. "i've been there."

the two boys chuckled. "i'm gonna go get a coffee. do you want anything law?" ryan asked.

"no, i'm good. thanks sis." lawson said just as ryan was leaving the room. "okay, but seriously. you guys aren't a couple?" he asked cole.

"no, we definitely aren't." cole smiled awkwardly, putting his hands in his pockets.

"but do you wanna be?" lawson asked.

"d-do i...i mean she's very pretty, like very pretty and s-she's fun to hang out with an-"

"just answer the question."

"yes." cole said, finally admitting it out loud.

"hmm." lawson grinned. "just don't hurt her."

"i won't. i couldn't." cole said. "she just wants to be friends anyways."

"not for long." lawson said. "it's just because her and that jackass broke up."

"jackass?" cole questioned.

"complete jackass." lawson confirmed.

"you should really stop talking about yourself, law." ryan giggled, walking back in the room.

"you're hilarious, ryan." he joked. "how could i ever live without your insults."

ryan laughed mockingly. "mom's on her way back." she said. "i sent her home a couple hours ago."

"you've been here all day?" lawson asked.

"of course, big bro." ryan said. "i wasn't about to let you leave me."

"i love you, ryan."

"i love you, too, lawson."

"now, go hang out with your friend. i'll be fine."

"are you sure?" she asked. "shouldn't i wait till mom gets here?"

"no, no i'll be fine." lawson said. "go have fun, i promise i'll call you when i get out of the hospital."

"okay." ryan smiled. she leaned down and hugged her brother gently so she didn't hurt him. "love you."

"love you, too." ryan smiled and left the room with cole, the two boys sharing knowing glances.

***

ryanmiller27: thanks for staying with me all day <3

tagged; colesprouse

996k likes

-comments have been disabled for this post-

[3/16/17]

i feel like spamming, even though i've already been doing that lol

comment if i should spam more chapters tonight:)))

also, amazing manips creds go to -wonderwallparker- again!!!! pretty much all my manips are from her so if they say "savannah" she made them.