(39)

"you miss me?" ryan asked. "are you fucking kidding me?"

"ryan, who is it?" cole asked, coming to the door. he stood behind ryan, a hand on her waist as they both glared at the man standing in front of them. "why are you here?"

"this is who i've been replaced with?" the man said. he chuckled. "someone downgraded."

ryan laughed. "well, this has been so much fun, but i'm going to have to ask you to get the hell out of my house." she said with a smile. the man stayed in place and smirked.

"do you really think you can get rid of me that easily?"

"daniel, i said get the hell out of my house." she said sternly. "and just so we're clear, me and cole are not together. even if we were, he would definitely be an upgrade. it doesn't take much to be above an egotistical, emotionally abusive, hateful, shell of a man."

"you're hot when you're mad." daniel smirked.

"you need to leave, now." cole said calmly.

"last time i checked, i don't take orders from a washed-up child actor." daniel said. "why don't you go back to the hole you crawled out of."

"i want you out!" ryan yelled. "now!"

"calm down, baby." daniel smiled. "we need to chat."

"about what?" ryan said curiously.

daniel glanced over ryan's shoulder. "this guy needs to go."

"he's not going anywhere. if you actually think i would allow myself to be left alone with you, you've got another thing coming." ryan said.

"he goes, or you don't hear what i have to say." daniel said.

"it's okay, i'll go." cole said. "be careful."

ryan nodded and watched cole walk back to the living room. she stepped outside onto the porch with her ex-boyfriend. "why are you here?"

"i told you, we need to talk." he said.

"i think we've said all we need to say." she said. "we are done, broken-up. i don't want anything to do with you anymore."

"except, we're not." he said. "you walked out on me. we never broke up."

"no, actually, i dumped your sorry ass right before i walked out of that godforsaken house." she said. "and i definitely remember saying more than a few words."

ryan walked into her shared home with her boyfriend daniel. "hello?" she called out, placing her purse on the kitchen counter.

she heard laughing coming from her room. ryan headed up the stairs, getting closer. soon enough, she heard a female voice: "baby, stop teasing me."

"no." ryan whispered to herself, tears threatening to spill. "not again."

she barged into the room only to see daniel going down on a girl who just had to be 18. "no." was all she said.

"shit." she heard him say from under the sheets. he came out, guilt written all over his face. "babe, this isn't what it looks like?"

ryan forced out a laugh. "how can this not be what it looks like?" she asked, a tear falling down her face. "please, explain."

"okay, so it is what it looks like." he said, jumping out of the bed, pulling his pants back on.

"i-i can't." she stammered. "this-i'm-jus-no." she picked up a bag and threw her clothes into it. daniel grabbed her hands to stop her from packing.

"baby, please." he begged. "i'm sorry. this won't ever happen again."

"that's what you said the first time." ryan said quietly as she continued to pack her bags. "and the second time."

"i really mean it this time." he said. "please."

"i'm done." she said. "i've spent years letting you push me around, but i just can't do it anymore. you don't love me, and i'm not just gonna stick around for the day you finally realize that. i'm not going to allow you to call me names anymore or tell me i'm not good enough. if you want to fuck girls ten years younger than you, go right ahead. i'm not going to be here to stop you." ryan said, grabbing the packed bag and walking out of the room. daniel chased after her, leaving the naked girl still in the bed, shaking.

"ryan, don't be an idiot." daniel said. "you know i'm the greatest thing to ever happen to you."

"this is exactly what i'm talking about." ryan yelled. "i'm done letting you make me feel like less than what i am. i'm ryan fucking miller. i don't need you."

"you'll come crawling back." daniel said. "you always do."

ryan rolled her eyes, grabbed her purse, and walked out of that house.

"ryan, i fucked up, okay?" daniel said. "but i love you."

"are you bipolar?" she asked. "i'm actually wondering. 'cause one minute you'll be a complete ass to me, and the next minute you confess your love for me."

"i just don't know how to show my emotions."

ryan laughed. "god, you're a real piece of work." she said. "tell me what you need to tell me, and get the hell off my property."

"fine." he sighed. "i'm going to tell people."

"tell people what?" she asked.

"about the baby." he said. "it needs to come out." ryan slapped him.

"you do not get to make that decision." she yelled at him. "i'm not going to let you do that."

"try and stop me." he said, walking down the steps of the porch.

"daniel, please." she begged, falling to her knees. "please don't do this. i know you have a heart somewhere in that cold, lifeless exterior. find it, and please use it."

"have a nice life, ryan." he said, finally leaving.

ryan sat on the porch for twenty minutes, crying her eyes out.

[5/3/17]

psa: i love daniel sharman more than life itself. please do not hate me for how he's being portrayed, because i fucking love him sm. thank you, and goodbye :)