(61)

"is she okay!" lili yelled when she ran into the hospital. ryan was in surgery, and cole and cami were sitting in the waiting room. following behind lili was kj, madelaine, and casey. cole had called ryan's mom and brother, but cami ended up talking to them because cole had become too hysterical to speak.

"i-we don't know." cami said. cole was still crying; he hasn't stopped since he found her body in the bathroom. cami was trying to stay strong so that cole wouldn't have to; she felt it was the least she could do for leaving ryan alone.

"she has to be okay." madelaine said, sitting next to cole. she began to rub his back and cole sat up and looked at her. "she is going to be okay."

kj sat next to cami and hugged her. "it's okay." he said, kissing the top of her head.

"i don't think it is." she said quietly.

"cole?" a woman in her late forties said. cole looked up at her and stood up. "oh, come here honey." she said, pulling him into a hug.

"i'm so sorry." cole sobbed into her shoulder.

"it's not your fault." she said.

"is that ryan's mom?" kj asked cami.

"yeah." cami said. "lawson is standing behind her. i can see his black hair sticking up from behind nancy's blonde hair." cami said kj's confusion. "nancy is her mom; the one hugging cole right now."

"hey, law." cole said, releasing from the hug. lawson had obviously been crying; he looked to be in the same state that cole was in.

"how long has she b-been in surgery?" lawson asked.

cole shook his head. he didn't know how long she had been in surgery. time seemed to stop when he held ryan's cold body next to his.

cami saw that cole was struggling to find the time, so she stepped in. "she's been in for about 3 hours." cami said, rubbing cole's shoulder.

"thanks, cams." lawson said, giving cami a hug. they had been good friends ever since lawson had stayed at ryan's one night. cami had come over to show ryan the new dress she had bought, but she found lawson at the door instead.

a doctor came out and began talking to ryan's mom. "...heart attack."

"w-what?" cole interjected.

the doctor glanced at nancy, and she nodded. "ryan had a heart attack."

"heart attack?" cole asked with tears in his eyes. "she's too young to have a heart attack."

"mrs. miller, do you or your husband have heart complications?"

"y-yes." she held back tears. "my late husband died from a heart attack."

the doctor nodded. "ryan is okay. it wasn't severe, thankfully, and there weren't any complications with her surgery. however, she does have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, also known as HCM."

"that's what james had." nancy said. "my husband."

"the condition is genetic." the doctor said. "and ryan should be fine as long as she doesn't become too stressed or get involved with a lot of strenuous activity."

"what caused it this time?" cami asked. "how did she have a heart attack? she was just getting sick."

"did she know about the pregnancy?"

"p-pregnancy?" cole stuttered. "ryan isn't pregnant."

"i'm sorry, i thought you knew." the doctor said. "ryan is seven weeks pregnant."

"oh my god." cole said. "she's- we're pregnant." cole smiled. "we're pregnant." he said, hugging cami.

"congratulations, cole." cami whispered in his ear.

"wait- she's okay, right?" cole asked. "and the baby, too?" the doctor smiled.

"yes, she's still asleep but she should wake up shortly. and the baby is just fine."

"can we go see her?" cole asked.

"yes, but please let me know right away when she wakes up." the doctor said before walking away.

"she's okay." cami said, hugging cole again. "she's okay, you're having a baby!"

cole pulled back and chuckled. "i know, it's crazy, right?"

"completely crazy." cami said. "but you're ready for it. you both are."

[6/8/17]

i literally used HCM bc i remember it from one tree hill hahahahah

im not evil enough to kill my baby ry