(60)

cami knocked on the door of ryan and cole's shared home. when she realized it was 4 am and cole had probably fallen back asleep, she found the hidden key from under the pot and let herself in. "ryan?" she whispered into the darkness.

"in here." cami heard from down the hall. she could see the shred of light coming from the bottom of the bathroom door.

"honey, what are you doing down here?" cami asked as she walked in. ryan was kneeled over the toilet with her hair up. "ry..." cami sat down next to her and rubbed her back.

"i didn't want cole to worry, so i came down here." ryan said. "i think i'm sick."

"did you eat anything out of the ordinary?" cami asked.

"no, i don't think so." ryan said.

"well, maybe you have the stomach bug?"

"that sucks!" ryan said before vomiting again.

"okay, kid." cami said. "i'm gonna go get you some water."

"thank you, cams." ryan smiled. "and can you wake cole up?"

"i thought you didn't want him to worry." cami said.

"yeah, but i'm needy." ryan laughed. "i need my guy."

cami chuckled. "okay, i'll go get him."

"i think he's still up." ryan said. "he usually just stays up if he wakes up in the middle of the night."

"it amazes me that he isn't sleep deprived."

"who's to say he isn't?" ryan laughed.

"i'll be back." cami laughed, walking out of the bathroom. she turned on the hall light and ran upstairs to get cole. she soon learned that ryan was right, because the tv was playing The Office in the bedroom. cole was sitting up and watching the screen intently.

cami knocked on the door and laughed. "cole, what the hell are you doing?"

he jumped and threw a pillow at cami. "i'm watching- wait, what the hell are you doing here?"

"ryan needed me." cami said. "speaking of which, she needs you immediately."

cole jumped out of bed. "what- why- what's wrong?"

"calm down, spaz." cami laughed at him. "she got sick, but she's fine."

"why is she downstairs?"

"she didn't want you to worry." cami said. "i'll meet you down there. i'm gonna get her a water." she walked out of the room with cole following closely behind her. she veered off into the kitchen and filled up a cup with water.

she walked back to the bathroom and screamed. the glass cup dropped to the floor and shattered. cole was holding ryan's limp body in his arms, crying. cami pulled out her phone and called 911.

"ryan!" cole yelled, hugging ryan's body close to his. "baby, don't leave me!"

"the ambulance is o-on it's way." cami cried out. "oh my god." she fell to the floor. "she was f-fine! what happened!" she yelled at no one specifically.

"baby!" cole yelled again, ignoring camila. "please, please wake up." he cried into her chest.

the ambulance came and pushed cole out of the way; cami had to hold him back to keep him from interfering.

"i found a pulse!" a paramedic shouted. cami and cole cried with each other as they heard that. the paramedics wheeled ryan on a stretcher to the ambulance and took her to the hospital; cole and cami rode with them.

"she's gonna be okay." cami kept saying into cole's ear. the only problem was, she didn't even believe herself.

[6/8/17]