(62)

cole was sitting at ryan's bedside. lawson and nancy miller were sitting on the other side, watching as cole cried tears of joy and sadness. lili and casey went to go pick up food, kj and cami were sitting outside, and madelaine was talking to willa; no one had told her what happened to ryan, and she was devastated when she found out.

"ryan, you have to wake up soon." cole was saying as he held her cold hand. "i have big news for us." cole smiled. "and i have a big question for you."

"question?" lawson asked. "are you proposing?"

"yeah, yeah i am." cole smiled.

"he even asked for my permission." nancy said. "i'm glad my ryan found a gentleman."

"and you didn't tell me, mom?" lawson asked. "i'm offended." he joked.

"that one's on me." cole said. "i wanted to keep it a secret."

"that's fair. i can respect that." lawson said. "i'm happy for you, man."

"thanks."

"just don't fuck her over. she's had enough of that in her life." lawson said.

"lawson tyler miller." nancy scolded. "do not use that language in front of me."

cole and lawson laughed. "i promise i won't." cole said. "she means the world to me."

"well, i approve." lawson said. "i can't wait for you two to get hitched."

"me too." kj said as him and cami walked in.

"you're getting hitched?" cami asked excitedly.

"as soon as ryan wakes her beautiful ass up, yeah, hopefully." cole said. "i'm surprised kj didn't tell you."

"how rude." kj said. "but true."

"the doctor said she should wake up anytime now." cami said. "lili texted and said she was almost back from getting food. i think they went to ihop." cole opened his mouth to speak, but cami interrupted him. "and yes, they got ryan's favorite."

"i hope she can eat." cole said.

"i'm sure she can, sprouse." kj said. "that girl would eat anything you put in front of her, even if she is recovering from a heart attack."

"heart attack? who had a heart attack?" everyone heard someone ask. their heads snapped to the hospital bed where they saw ryan sitting up and blinking rapidly.

cole broke down in tears as he hugged her and kissed her hand. "oh, i'm so glad you're okay, baby. i don't know what i would do without you."

"cole, what happened?" ryan asked, looking around and looking slightly freaked out. "i'm scared. where am i?"

"ry, you had a heart attack." nancy said, holding her daughter's other hand. ryan started breathing heavily and crying. "honey, you're okay. you're okay, you're safe."

"i'm not old enough to have a heart attack!" ryan exclaimed.

"yes, you are, ryan. you have a condition called HCM, and it's genetic, which means you got it from your father." nancy said. "lawson, you're gonna have to get tested for it also." she said to her only son. "i won't be losing my two kids the way i lost my husband."

"wait, wait, wait." cole said. "ryan, you told me your dad died in a car accident."

"that's because he did." ryan said, looking at her mom. "he came to get me from the party."

"honey, he had a car accident because he had a heart attack." nancy said. "that's why he didn't see the car."

ryan started crying even more. "i thought i killed him. all this time i thought i was the reason he was dead."

"oh, sweetie, i didn't know you thought that." nancy said, hugging her daughter. "i'm so sorry."

"i'm sorry, too, mom." ryan said. "can i have a minute alone with cole?"

"oh course, baby." nancy said.

"i'm so glad you're okay, sis." lawson said before him, nancy, cami, and kj left the room.

"i was so scared." cole said, holding ryan's hand. "i didn't think i was going to see you again."

"you can't get rid of me that easily." ryan said, tears still on her face as she smiled. "besides, i have to annoy you as much as possible, and i don't think i completed my quota yet."

cole laughed at her joke and kissed her hand. "babe, i have big news."

"okay." ryan said uneasily.

"the doctor told me that... we're pregnant." cole said, smiling. ryan looked confused but happy. "you're pregnant, baby."

"i'm pregnant?" ryan questioned. "that's why i was getting sick."

"yeah, you had morning sickness." cole said.

"we're having a baby." ryan chuckled. "we're gonna be parents."

"yes, we are." cole smiled. "i love you."

"i love you, too."

cole took ryan's hand in his. "i know this isn't the best time for this, or the place, but after your heart attack, i thought i would never see you again. and it reminded me that we don't have a lot of time on this earth, so we have to use the time we have wisely. and, baby, i don't wanna spend any more time not being your husband. so, i'm sitting here asking if you, ryan gabriella miller, will marry me and become the woman i love, forever."

ryan looked shocked. she brought a hand up to her mouth and smiled. "yes, yes, i will marry you."

cole pulled a ring out of his pocket and slipped it on her finger. she looked at it and smiled. cole leaned up on the bed to kiss her; they both smiled into the kiss.

"god, i'm so in love with you." she said.

"i'm so in love with you, too." cole said. "i can't wait for us to be a little family." he said, placing a hand on ryan's stomach.

"i should probably warn you that miller women crave ice cream and hot dogs when they're pregnant." ryan said. "and i already have names picked out."

"i'll make sure you have ice cream and hot dogs, and we might have to discuss those names because i have some picked out also." cole smiled.

ryan laughed and kissed his cheek.

"i can't wait to take on the world with you."

[6/16/17]

wow hey it's an update. i've been on vacation and i've been trying to write while i've been gone, but i kept running out of time, so i'm so so sorry!!! i'm gonna spam tonight to make up for the break!

also, idk how the watty's work, but i entered this story into it lol