(70)

cole and ryan were woken up by the sound of a screaming hadley. "i'll get her." ryan said, climbing out of bed with her eyes half shut. neither person had gotten much sleep since the baby was born. they usually traded off on who was going to get her, but eventually the other person would get up also.

ryan picked up the screaming girl and sang her a song. "sweet creature, had another talk about where it's going wrong. but we're still young. we don't know where we're going, but we know where we belong. i know we started: two hearts and one home. it's get hard when we argue, we're both stubborn, i know. but, oh, sweet creature, sweet creature, wherever i go, you'll bring me home. sweet creature, sweet creature, when i run out of rope, you'll bring me home." within seconds, hadley was asleep again; ryan knew she could never go wrong with a little harry styles.

"hey, baby." cole said, coming into the room with a cup of coffee. "is she asleep again?"

"yeah, but not for long." ryan said, running a hand through her hair. "what time is it?"

"five-thirty." cole said. "we would have had to get up in an hour anyway, so there's no point in going back to sleep."

"that's true." ryan said, sitting in the rocking chair in hadley's room. "i'm exhausted, cole."

"i know, babe." cole said, kissing her hand. "pretty soon hadley will sleep through the night and so will we."

"can that time come already?" ryan joked. "so, i kind of have an idea."

"and what's that?" cole asked, taking a sip of his coffee.

"for hadley's first birthday, i want to take her to disney." ryan said with a smile. "i remember when i was little, my mom and dad would take lawson and i to disney every year on our birthdays. it was the happiest place on earth for me, and i want our daughter to feel how i felt."

cole smiled at ryan. "i think we can do that, bug. hadley is so lucky to have you as her mom."

"i love you, cole." ryan said.

"i love you even more." cole said, kissing her hand again. "i know you just had hadley, but we should probably talk about the wedding."

"yes, please, let's do it." ryan said happily. she had been waiting for cole to bring it up because she couldn't wait to be married to him. just as cole was about to open his mouth, hadley started crying again. "no, not again." ryan said, getting out of the rocking chair. she picked hadley up and rocked her. "come on, baby. go back to sleep." ryan sat back in the chair and rocked hadley until she finally stopped crying.
"thank you, love." ryan said, kissing her forehead.

cole smiled at the two; they were his two favorite girls in the world. "i can't believe we have a family." he said. "i'm the luckiest guy on earth."

ryan smiled at him. "i'm thinking next month."

"what?" cole questioned.

"for the wedding." ryan said.

"oh."

"i don't want a huge fairytale wedding." ryan said. "i'm thinking a small event with our friends and family. i don't need a huge celebration to know that i love you and i want to be married to you."

"that's the sexiest thing anyone's ever said to me." cole said.

"shut up, you dork." ryan laughed. "i love you."

"i love you too, you goof."

[6/29/17]

i passed my mf permit test😛🤘🏼🚗