(14)

"cole, that is not the right episode!" ryan yelled as cole clicked on the wrong Friends episode. her feet were resting on his lap as she complained from the other side of the couch.

"yes it it!" cole argued. "look!"

"oh." ryan giggled. "my bad."

"you should really listen to me more often, i'm always right." cole grinned.

"you wish, loner boy."

ryan felt her phone buzz in her pocket and she told cole to pause the show. "hello?"

"hey hon, it's mom." ryan heard through the phone. she also heard her mother sniffling as if she had been crying.

"hey mom, what's going on?"

"honey, lawson was in an accident." ryan froze at the words.

"w-what?" she stammered. "is he okay?"

"he's in surgery right now." her mother said. "the doctors said that it wasn't looking good."

"u-um okay, i'll be right there, mom." ryan said, jumping up from the couch as the tears fell down her face.

"i love you, sweetie."

"i love you, too." ryan hung up the phone and threw her coat on.

"hey, ryan?" cole said. he had gotten up from the couch and he was standing in front of the crying girl. "what's going on? what happened?"

"m-m-m-" she tried to speak.

"hey, hey." cole said, holding her face with his hands. "take a deep breath. that's it, just breathe."

ryan nodded, shutting her eyes and taking deep breaths to calm herself down. "my brother." she said. "h-he was in an a-accident."

"oh, ry." cole said, pulling her into a hug.

"the doctors said it's not looking good for him." ryan sobbed. "i can't lose him, cole." lawson was her rock, he always had been. their father died when they were teenagers and their mom was in a bad state emotionally, so they only had each other. lawson always made sure his little sister was okay before himself, that's just the way he was. he took care of her, he always had.

"come on, i'll drive you." cole said. ryan nodded and the two got in his car. cole grabbed her hand and held it as he drove, trying to calm her down; it was no use.

***

ryanmiller27: oh lawson, i love you so much

ryanmiller27: oh lawson, i love you so much. you mean more to me than you know, and i need you to pull through for me, okay? you're my rock, my anchor. i don't know what i will do without you, so don't leave me just yet. just get through surgery and make a fast recovery. i know you're strong enough. you've always been the strong one, the one who held this family together at its worst. i love you big brother. please don't leave me.

tagged; lawsonscreek

998k likes

-comments have been disabled for this post-

[3/16/17]