(65)

ever since ryan got home from the hospital, cole had been walking on eggshells around her. he was afraid that she might have another heart attack, and that scared him even more because of the baby she was carrying. he would never forgive himself if something were to happen to either ryan or the baby. however, ryan was sick of cole treating her like a little kid, and it was causing some issues between them.

"cole, i'm not five years old!" ryan said as she got up from the couch. "stop treating me like it!"

cole followed her to the kitchen and cornered her. "i don't want to risk losing you again." he said.

"if anything, you're gonna end up at the hospital because i'm going to beat you to death." ryan said. "please, just back off."

"ryan-"

"cole." she said in a warning tone. "i'm not kidding."

"well, if you would let me finish talking, i was going to say that you're right." cole said, placing his hands on ryan's face. "i'll stop smothering you."

"you will?" ryan questioned.

"i will." cole chuckled before placing a kiss to her forehead. "but please take it easy."

"i will, babe." ryan said. "i promise."

"thank you." cole said. "also, we need to talk about those baby names."

"cole, i still have seven months." ryan said. "slow it down."

"i know, but i just can't wait." he said. "and i also can't wait to marry you."

"well, then i guess we should get to planning." ryan said. "i'm thinking next april."

"that's in nine months." cole said. "i don't think i can wait that long, bug."

"i don't want to be pregnant when we get married." ryan said. "i want to fit into my dress, and i don't want to be waddling around. plus, don't you want to be able to have sex on our honeymoon?"

"that was a question that i didn't expect to come out of your mouth." cole smirked. "but, hell yes. april it is."

ryan smiled and kissed him passionately. "i love you, baby."

cole smiled. "i love you even more."

[6/18/17]