(31)

"hi, bug." cole said as he walked into ryan's house. she was making lunch for herself after going to the gym.

"hey." she smiled as her boyfriend wrapped his arms around her waist. "how was your day?"

"good. kj threw me into a fountain." ryan let out a laugh, which made cole laugh as well. "yeah, yeah, laugh it up."

"i'm sorry, i'm sorry." she said, trying to hold in a laugh; she failed. "why did he throw you in a fountain?"

"because i reminded him of the fact that he doesn't have a girlfriend." cole chuckled.

"we should set him up with someone." ryan said.

"or we could let him be unhappy?" cole questioned. when ryan gave him a look, he backed down. "okay, okay. i'll find someone for him."

"good."

"did you go to the gym?" he asked.

"yeah. i don't look sweaty do i?" cole kissed her forehead.

"you look beautiful." ryan blushed. "so a little birdie told me that your birthday is tomorrow."

"dammit, willa." ryan mumbled. "i don't like my birthday."

"now, why is that?" cole asked.

"i just don't." ryan said. "please don't do anything."

"ryan-"

"cole. please." she looked up at him.

"can you at least tell me why?" he asked.

ryan just shook her head. "i really don't want to talk about it."

cole kissed her forehead again. "okay. just know that i'm here if you want to talk."

"i know." she smiled.

"can i at least take you out to dinner?" he asked her. she cracked a smile and nodded. 

"yes, you can."

"it's gonna be the best damn dinner you've ever had." he said.

ryan wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down, connecting her lips with his. "i'm looking forward to it."

[4/19/17]