(42)

ryan knocked three times.

no answer.

she knocked two more times.

again, no answer.

she knocked again, and this time, the door flew open. she was now face to face with cole, the man she never thought she would have to say these words to.

"i'm sorry."

cole scoffed and tried to shut the door, but ryan stopped him. "cole, please just listen."

"how could you not tell me?" cole asked, hurt showing in his face.

"i didn't tell anyone." she said. "losing her broke me in ways that i didn't know i could be broken. she was a part of me, and i lost her." ryan said, crying. "how was i supposed to tell you that?"

"you just were." cole said. "god, ryan, i thought we were closer than that. i thought you trusted me."

"i do trust you, cole. more than anyone else in this world." ryan said. "i didn't even tell willa, or my brother or mom. daniel was the only person who knew, and that's because he had to know. god, i can't believe he would tell people this."

cole sighed and opened the door all the way. "come inside." he said softly, his head down.

ryan said nothing as she walked through the doorway. "thank you."

"i'm sorry." he said. "i just-i need to tell you something."

"okay." ryan said, turning to face her boyfriend.

"god, i don't know how to say this." cole said, beads of sweat on his forehead. "i love you, ryan."

ryan's eyes widened. cole smiled.

"i do. i really love you." he said. "i guess that's why it hurt to find out about the baby. it hurt that you never told me. but i understand why you didn't, and i hope you can forgive me for being an ass."

ryan giggled. "i forgive you." she said. "and, i love you, too."

cole smiled and stepped towards her. he tipped her chin up as they both leaned in. their lips touched gently as they smiled into the kiss.

"you are so brave." cole said. "and strong, and beautiful. i can't wait for my future with you."

"god, you never cease to amaze me." ryan smiled. "i don't know what i would do without you."

they kissed again.

[5/5/17]

i couldn't make this sad lol.

psa: kj's love interest isn't ryan (surprisingly). so guess who it is! whoever gets it first gets to have the satisfaction of getting it right hahahaha