Prologue

ZMP

*Thursday, March 22nd, 2012* 

It was nearly 7pm and I was trying to get ready to make my breakfast for the next morning since I had the early shift the next morning at work and wouldn't have time to cook. I heard screams slowly getting louder and a knock on my front door. I had a sort of town house in London that was at ground level.

"Bloody hell." I cursed as I opened the door and saw a rather attractive man looking very nervous. 

"Hi, I'm in One Direction and I'm currently being chased by fans so could I hide in here fast?" He rushed. 

"Sure." I let him in and shut the door quickly. I recognized him from when I watched the X-Factor and remembered how much I liked them. 

"Nice place." He smiled and I blushed a little. 

"You want something to eat? I was getting ready to make some breakfast for tomorrow." I offered. 

"Why're you making your breakfast at night?" He wondered. 

"I work at Starbucks and I have the early shift tomorrow." I shrugged. 

"I'm sorry, I never got your name." He apologized as I started making some waffles. 

"Catherine Thompson." I chuckled and grabbed a couple plates. I put a couple waffles on each plate and grabbed a fork and syrup and set them down on the table. 

"You're really cool." He commented with a smile and I blushed. I turned on the TV and it was on a football game. It was my favorite team (Doncaster Rovers) and I got a bit excited. 

"Mind if we watch this?" I asked. 

"Not at all. I didn't have you pegged as a football fan." He smirked. 

"And what did you have me pegged as?" I raised an eyebrow. 

"What the hell! That was totally uncalled for!" I randomly yelled at the TV as he started talking. 

"Sorry, continue." I blushed. 

"I thought you'd be more into the whole girly thing." He laughed a little. 

"I can be a complete girly girl but not when it comes to football. That's the only thing I'm a dude about." I laughed. 

"So, Catherine, tell me about yourself." He chuckled. 

"Well, I'm 18, I have two brothers, I was born in Doncaster and lived there until about a year ago when we moved to London for my dad's work after I graduated high school, my birthday is in July, and I've like you guys since X-Factor. Oh and I love tea which is why I work at Starbucks." I rambled. 

"Well, I'm 19, I have three sisters, I was born and raised in Bradford until I joined the band and I moved here, my birthday is in January, and I've adored you since you let me hide in here. And I also love tea." He said and I nodded. We talked for a while until I realized it was nearly 10pm. 

"I should probably get going. I don't want to keep you up if you have to wake up early." He sighed. 

"Okay. Well, be careful." I said as he stood up and hugged me. 

"If you wouldn't mind, could I get your number?" He hesitated. 

"Sure." I smiled and handed him my phone. He put his number in as I put mine in his. He gave me my phone back and kissed my cheek before heading out. A minute later there was a knock on the door again and I heard more screams. 

"Zayn, you can just come in, love!" I yelled from the kitchen and the door opened. He locked the door behind him and I could hear his breathing was heavy. 

"Shit." He breathed and I laughed a bit. 

"You can stay here if you'd like. I can sleep on the couch." I offered. 

"I'll sleep on the couch. I'm the guest." He shook his head. 

"Zayn, you're sleeping in the bed." I insisted.  

"The only way I'm sleeping in that bed is if you're in there with me." He raised his eyebrows and I blushed. 

"Do you have anything to sleep in?" I asked him as I led him upstairs to my bedroom. I unfortunately didn't have a spare bedroom but I had a bathroom and TV room upstairs.  

"I don't. All I have is my jeans and shirt." He frowned. 

"I'm afraid all I have is a pair of sweatpants from an ex-boyfriend who was an inch taller than me." I frowned too.  

"How tall are you?" He asked. 

"5'5". He was short." I laughed. 

"Well shit then. I don't know what I'm going to do." He groaned. 

"I'm warning you, I normally sleep in spandex and a tank top. Hell, you could probably just sleep in your boxers." I shrugged. It was getting late and he agreed. I went in and brushed my teeth quick before washing my face. I ran downstairs and started the dishwasher while he got ready to go to bed. I went back up and saw him turned away from the door taking his shirt off. My jaw dropped at the sight of his back muscles but I regained my composure and knocked on the door frame before walking in. He turned around and smiled before slipping his jeans off. We climbed in bed and I was at the very edge while he was just in the middle of his side.  

"Love, I don't bite. You can be in the middle if you want to." He laughed and I blushed a little. I scooted to my side and he scooted over to me. 

"Thank you for letting me stay here. When do you get up?" He asked as he kissed my temple. 

"We open at 6 tomorrow and I'm opening so I have to be there by 5:30 and awake by like 4." I sighed. 

"Holy shit." He choked out.  

"You can stay here if you'd like. I'm sure you don't want to wake up that early and you can just go home whenever." I shrugged. 

"What Starbucks do you work at?" He wondered. 

"The one two blocks over." I told him. 

"I go to that one all the time! Oh my god, you're the hot barista Harry told me about! The dark hair, green eyes, tan skin, kinda short, and big b- I mean kinda short, it's you! I think I've seen you a few times actually. I live right by there. I literally live a block away." He realized and I blushed.  

"Maybe I'll stop by later tomorrow. When does your shift end?" He wrapped his arm around me. 

"I'm done at 1." I blushed a little more. 

"How bout we grab some lunch?" He suggested and I smiled. 

"Sure, but we need to sleep. Just text me when you leave tomorrow and lock the front door please." I kissed his cheek.

"Night, love." He whispered as he scooted back over to his side. 

"Night." I mumbled and fell asleep.