Chapter Twenty Nine

ZM29

*October 31st, 2020*

I was out buying candy for the trick or treaters and I suddenly felt weird. I passed the pregnancy tests and froze dead in my tracks. I thought about it and realized I was a few months late, but hadn't thought much of it since my periods hadn't ever really been too regular. I grabbed a couple and stopped in their bathroom on the way out. I took the tests and about had a heart attack when they popped up positive. I went to my OB/GYN and she confirmed it. I hadn't told Zayn anything so I had her print a few pictures of the ultrasound and I headed home. 

"Zayn!" I yelled for him. He ran downstairs and looked confused. Ty was in his chair and Jase was next to him in his. 

"Let's talk in the other room." I pulled him into the downstairs bathroom. 

"What's wrong?" He frowned and I held up the ultrasound. 

"What's th- holy shit that's you as the patient. You're pregnant?" He gasped. 

"I freaked and went to the doctor and she confirmed it and gave me pictures. Look at it for a sec and you'll see what has me panicking." I held it out to him. He looked for a second and got really pale. 

"Twins?" He choked out. 

"Identical girls. I'm 14 weeks." I nodded. 

"I don't know whether to hug you or panic." He said quietly. I hugged him tight and he rubbed my back. 

"We always wanted four. These ones should be as far apart from Jase as he is from Ty. It should be spaced pretty evenly. We can handle it. We've done this twice before and we can do it again, it'll just be 2 babies this time." I whispered but Zayn was still silent. 

"We'll have Ty to help too. He'll be 4, he can help with feeding a bit and he can help with folding clothes and he can play with Jase too and entertain him." He nodded after a second. He hugged me tight and turned me sideways. 

"Shit, you're showing already." He gasped. I realized he was right and hugged him again. 

"Why the hell aren't we all kissy like we were with the last two? I mean we're having another kid?" I questioned and he kissed me. 

"Very true. Some couples can't even have one and we're lucky enough to have numbers three and four on the way." He kissed me. We kissed for a minute and Tyler yelled for us. 

"Mummy, we need to get our costumes on!" He yelled. 

"Okay, sweetie!" I agreed and kissed Zayn one more time. Tyler was a football player (Doncaster colors on my insisting) and Jason was a lion. I got Tyler dressed and Zayn got Jason ready. We went for a while and Jase was getting a bit tired so after the last house on a block we were going to be done. Zayn knocked and Ty waited patiently. When the door opened all of us besides Jason gasped. 

"Uncle Casey!" Ty hugged him. He squatted down to my son's level and hugged him back. As Casey looked at me I walked and stood behind my husband. 

"Is that my newest nephew?" Casey asked Zayn quietly. Zayn nodded and turned me around so I was facing my brother. I fought and fought but he was a lot stronger than me. 

"God dammit, Zayn, stop it." I tried to get out of his grip as my eyes filled with tears. 

"Cat-" Casey started. 

"If you don't stop it right now you're not getting sex for a month." I threatened Zayn quietly and his eyes widened. 

"I'm going home. I do not want to talk to him, I don't even want to look at him. I'm taking Jase, you can take Ty to a few more but do not stay here." I told him as I held back tears.