Chapter Seventeen

ZM17

They dropped Jacob off around 1 and he was laying in the floor playing with some toys. 

"Jakey!" I called from the couch. He turned his head toward me and I smiled. He tried to crawl over but he wasn't too successful. He started whimpering and I frowned as I picked him up and he started crying. 

"Oh, buddy, it's okay!" I bounced him on my hip. I kissed his forehead and he stopped crying within seconds. I held him for a minute and put him back down on the floor with his toys. I started making some lunch for Zayn and I and I heard Jacob crying again. I sighed and wiped my hands off before hearing the crying stop. I walked out and saw Zayn holding Jacob. He was facing away from me and bouncing Jacob a little. He rubbed his back and kissed his forehead, making me smile even more. He turned around and saw me which made him jump a little. 

"How long have you been standing there?" He blushed a little. 

"Only since he stopped crying. You're gonna be such a good dad." I hugged him. He kissed my forehead and rubbed my back. 

"You're gonna be an amazing mum, don't kid yourself. I love you." He kissed me. 

"I love you too." I kissed him. Jacob grabbed my arm and Zayn handed him to me as he yawned. 

"You wanna go sleep, buddy?" I kissed his forehead. He nodded and I carried him to the pack and play where he was sleeping. 

"Shit, lunch." I realized and ran back in. I finished cooking and we sat down in the living room. 

"You were so adorable with him." I rested my head on Zayn's shoulder. 

"Why's that?" He kissed my forehead. 

"You just were. And it made me realize how great of a father you'll be to our kids." I kissed him. He smiled and kissed me. 

"About kids. We want 4, right?" He pecked my lips. 

"We do. How do you feel about twins?" I asked. 

"I feel like it would be a lot at first but I feel like if we had twins after a single we would at least know how to take care of a newborn. We could manage either way." He kissed me. 

"I agree. I ideally would want our boys older and girls younger. I wouldn't mind twins. Honestly, I don't really care as long as they're happy and healthy." I explained. 

"I agree." He smiled. I kissed him and he immediately kissed back. 

"So when do we want kids?" I asked. 

"Well, if you got pregnant on our wedding night you would be nearly 22 when the baby is born. Speaking of our wedding, we need to call the venue we want and see when they're available." He kissed my temple. 

"Let's do that now before we forget." I whispered and he nodded. I called the place and the woman on the phone was extremely nice. 

"Okay, so what's the date you were looking at for your wedding?" She asked. 

"September 29th of next year." I told her. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry, but after September 1st of next year we are completely booked up." She frowned. She was on speaker and Zayn's face dropped. 

"August... 15th?" I asked. 

"We do have that day open. If I could get the last names of those getting married I could reserve the date for you." She nodded. 

"It's the Thompson-Malik wedding." Zayn spoke up. 

"Wait, as in Zayn Malik and Catherine Thompson?" She asked.