Chapter Seven

ZM7

"Cat, what's wrong?" Niall asked as he opened his door. 

"Zayn and I were fighting and-" I started. 

"I heard. I don't blame you." He cut me off. 

"Here, come in." He put a hand on my back and led me in. 

"C-Can I sleep on your couch or something? I can't go back over there." I sniffed as I crossed my arms over my chest. 

"You can have my bed, love. It's okay." He rubbed my back. I hugged him and rested my head on his chest. 

"Thank you." I mumbled and he rubbed my back. 

"No problem." He kissed my forehead. He led me back to the bed and I hugged him again. 

"Night, Cat." He was about to walk about. 

"Niall, wait." I spoke up. 

"What's up?" He flashed me a smile full of braces. 

"Stay please?" I hesitated. He nodded and pulled on a pair of sweatpants before climbing into the bed with me. I fell asleep a little later with Niall next to me. 

"Guys." Zayn said quietly as he knocked on the door frame. Niall and I woke up and looked at each other. We were on my side of the bed and I was cuddled into his side with my head on his chest and his arm was around my waist.

"Sorry." We both mumbled and he scooted back over to his side. 

"Cat, can we talk?" Zayn asked. 

"I'm really not in the mood to talk to you at the moment." I looked at my lap. 

"Please. I've felt like shit and I barely slept and I really want to apologize properly." He begged, his voice cracking. 

"Thank you, Niall." I kissed his cheek and walked out with Zayn. He had a hand on my back and we walked back into our room. 

"I'm so sorry. I was a fucking douche, I was a jackass, I was a prick, I was just awful. Thank you so much for coming all the way out here to surprise me. I appreciate it so much I can't even express it. I love you so much, sweetheart." He apologized. 

"You so owe me." I hugged him. 

"I promise I will never have lunch with any of my ex-girlfriends again. I promise." He assured me.