Chapter Eight

ZM8

"Caroline, how could you cheat on me!" Carl yelled. 

"I didn't!" She had tears in her eyes. 

"That baby obviously isn't mine! It has the same complexion as your whore of a daughter!" He shouted and my jaw dropped. 

"She is not a whore! What is the problem with her skin tone?" My mum yelled. 

"She isn't white!" He got really loud and Zayn was livid. He was so mad he was shaking and walked over to Carl. He grabbed his shirt and pushed him back up against a wall. 

"You have a problem with darker skinned people?" He got in Carl's face. 

"I didn't say that!" Carl defended. 

"You're not denying it." Zayn spat. 

"Fine! I do! Why do you give a shit?" He yelled. 

"I'm the exact same race as my girlfriend. Pakistani dad and English mum." Zayn was absolutely pissed. My mum and I were both worried. 

"And now you think my girlfriend is a whore, huh?" He growled. 

"She is! I walked in on her fucking one of your band mates when she was 15 and he was 18!" Carl shouted. 

"Can I punch him?" Zayn asked my mum over his shoulder quietly and she shrugged. 

"If you must." She sighed and Zayn punched Carl in the face hard. Carl's nose started bleeding and he walked out. 

"Baby." I frowned a little as I walked up behind Zayn and rubbed his shoulder. 

"I'm sorry, guys." Zayn apologized. 

"He was being a jerk. He deserved it." My mum said as she held my newest brother. I was upset and Zayn could tell. 

"Mrs. Thompson, we're going to go down to the cafeteria. I can text Cooper and tell him if you'd like." Zayn told her. 

"Dear, call me Caroline. I already texted him, but thank you for the offer." She smiled and Zayn led me out. 

"What's wrong?" He asked. 

"He called me a whore." I shrugged. 

"That's not it. I know you well enough to know that isn't the whole truth." He shook his head. 

"The race thing. I was always getting made fun of when I was younger. As I got older I didn't get teased really but for like 7 years I got made fun of because I wasn't the same color as any of the other kids." I caved and told him. He kissed my forehead and hugged me tight. 

"You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. I love you so much and no matter what anyone says, know you're fucking beautiful. You're not a whore, he's a fucking prick. You've had sex with a total of what, 3 guys including me?" He mumbled and I nodded. 

"And with the first guy we were both completely wasted." I whispered and he nodded. 

"You're not. He's a prick. To be honest, I'm glad I made his nose bleed. I hope I fucking broke it. He's such an asshole. A racist, judgmental asshole." He muttered. I nodded again and he rubbed my back. 

"I love you." I wrapped my arms around his neck. I was on my tiptoes and his hands were right above my butt. 

"I love you too." He whispered. 

"I just realized, if we ever get married and have kids, that baby isn't going to be too much older." I realized and he smiled. 

"True. We've never really talked about that." He realized.