Determination

⚫️Jun Pyo⚫️

Yi Jung, Woo Bin, and I sit at our school lounge watching the footage. I stare at the humiliation I am causing. I'm ashamed but I also feel justified.

"Isn't it over now?" Yi Jung asks.

"What do you mean is it over? It'll be over when that mannerless girl comes and gets down on her knees before me," I tell them.

"Who told her anyway to disturb a sleeping wolf?" I ask them.

"Isn't it a lion?" Woo Bin corrects.

"At this rate," Yi Jung says."She won't last a week."

"A week? I give her three days," commented Woo Bin." Yi Jung, if I win you owe me that special piece of pottery from your exhibit last year."

They bargained on what their bet would be while I watched them yell and pour more flour on her.

"Be quiet," I told them after the video feed cut off. "She should be arriving here any moment."

She never showed. I contacted the person who had arranged it all to complain,"What the heck? Did you do it right? Then why isn't she here? Just where did that little sass go?"

⚫️Jan Di⚫️

I walk back the balcony where I had vented earlier to yell in peace.

"Surrender? Surrender my butt!" I yell. "They picked the wrong girl! How many eggs did those brats waste? Huh?!? They don't even know how precious flour can be."

Slightly more calm I licked the flour off my fingers and begin to cry.

"How wasteful, how many pancakes you could make out of all of this," I mumbled under my breathe.

At that moment I hear a yawn from below me. I look down to see Ji Hoo walking up the stairs.

⚫️Ji Hoo⚫️

I hear her again and I wake up irritated. I stand up and ascend the steps.

When I see her, I can tell Jun Pyo has been at work. She is covered I flour and something else sticky.

"Every time I see you, you are very noisy," I comment.

"You, do you know how to make pancakes?" I asked her when I got to the last step.

I had always wondered and well, I usually had a chef prepare all my meals.

"What?" She asks.

"Pancakes," I repeat.

"You mix flour eggs, milk and sugar. Then put it in a pan," she responds.

Hmm? Sounds basic, I feel like I could manage it.

"Sounds simple."

I look at her and see that she has been crying, then I see what a mess she really looks like. I pull out my handkerchief and start sipping the flour off her face and uniform. I fold it up and place it in her hand.

"But your handkerchief," she said.

"I don't need it," I replied.

"I'll give it back the next time I see you here," she said.

"I'm not coming back anymore. Its a place where it's no longer quiet. No thanks to someone," I reply, then walk into the school.