The Time for Goodbyes

⚫️Ji Hoo⚫️

I was leaving school one afternoon when I passed by Seo Hyun's driver and car. We had been spending that past few weeks together before she left so I had been missing a lot of school. I had come up here to grab my homework to try and catch up with my studies. 

Curiously, I saw that she was parked near the entrance to the in-door pool we had on campus.

Jan Di, she had come to see Jan Di.

I was interested to say the least. Curiosity got the best of me and I wondered into the pool area.

I didn't mean to, but I heard most of their conversation and I was upset at Jan Di. She needed to mind her own business.

She doesn't even know me and she is making this situation worse for everyone involved!

I stormed out of the building before they could find me, ease dropping. I waited until Seo Hyun left before facing Jan Di.

⚫️Jan Di⚫️

The last few weeks I haven't seen much of the F4 boys around, except for the occasional passing by at school. And scarcer yet I haven't seen Ji Hoo at all since the night of the auction.

This morning I decided to go swim after school. It was so nice to clear my head of all the thoughts that had been racing through them over the past few weeks. I still wasn't sure how I felt about Jun Pyo's weird behavior. We were nowhere near becoming friends, but I think the part about us being enemies is slowly starting to disappear.

I sawm lap after lap in the pool with my body being exhausted by the time I got out. After swimming I changed back into my Shi Hwa uniform and was heading out the door when I saw someone familiar standing by the door.

"Seo Hyun?" I almost asked the person who was standing with their back to me. And surely enough, when they turned around, it was her. "What brings you here?"

"I had to take care of some things since I am dropping out of Shin Hwa University. And, I wanted to see you one more time before I left," She told me.

"You're dropping out? So that means you really aren't going to come back?"

"Most likely not."

"When are you leaving?'

"Tomorrow."

"So soon?" I said sorrowfully. "I still haven't been able to say thank you. I haven't even had a chance to return the favor."

I couldn't the tears that were welling up in my eyes.

"If you keep saying things like that you are going to make me sad," She told me.

Oh, but Ji Hoo, poor Ji Hoo. I know he must be going through a hard time.

She was quiet for a few moments before speaking again, "I knew from the moment I saw you that it was you whom Ji Hoo talked about with a smile on his face."

She walked over to a bench along the wall and sat down. I knew what I needed to do. I knelt on the ground next to her feet.

"Jan Di, what are you doing?" Seo Hyun asked me, confused.

"I admired you even before we met. So, that is why I know better than anyone why you made this kind of decision. But...." I started with tears coming down my cheeks. "I'm begging you, please don't leave."

"Please, stand up."

I didn't. I couldn't. Not yet.

"I know I have no right to make this kind of request, and that you shouldn't listen to me, but I wouldn't be a good friend to Ji Hoo if I didn't. We aren't that close and I barely know anything about him. But I do know how much he cares about you. It's so obvious for anyone around him.  And for some reason I can see this sad look in his eyes, since you announced that you are leaving. I'm afraid that if you leave like this, he may never smile again."