Plans

⚫️ Jan Di ⚫️

I start walking home that day slightly guilty for what I had said to Jun Pyo.

Why did I have to do that?

There's no telling how he will retaliate now.

Did I really mean it though?

He's probably too confident to care about any thing I said, I'm sure of that.

Whenever I get home my parents are fighting about something......again.

What's been going on?

I walk to my room and change into my work clothes. When I leave my room I see my mom yelling at my father.

"If you keep buying those useless thing you are going to put us farther in the ground than we already are!"

This had to be about his gambling debts again! Really Dad?! Again!?

I swear that man acts like he's trying to ruin his family once and for all!

It helps that tonight I have to work so that I can get my mind off everything. Thankfully I'm not alone at the little restaurant because Ga Eul is working with me tonight.

Whenever the store is dead we usually sit at the table and fold napkins or something like that while we talk.

"So I heard the big Shin Hwa annual trip is coming up. Are you going?" She asked my seriously.

I laughed dryly before saying,"Ya right! I don't have $15,000 dollars just laying around for a stupid cruise. And Dad has went off and blown practically all the saving again!"

"Oh no Jan Di! Is it the gambling again?"she asked genuinely concerned.

"Yes, I just can't believe he would do that to us," I told her.

"But what will you do while they are gone?"

"I'll just take a break from school and get a temporary job to make some more money because of Dad." I told her glumly.

About that time we had some customers enter. I eagerly got up and greeted them.

The shop business went around as usual that night and me Ga Eul  couldn't talk much because of the rush that had came in that night.

It was when the shop was dead again when she got a call on her phone.

"Hello, oh hey mom." She paused. "Yes mom!" She said excitedly and then paused again. "How much?" Another pause. "That's awesome! Wait mom, can Jan Di come too? Ask her Mom!"

This time she paused for a minute and silently nodded her headed excitedly in my direction.

"Oh thank you! Tell her we will be there," at that she finished her conversation and hung up the phone.

"Jan Di I found a way to get you on that cruise!!"

Not exactly sure what is going on I stare at her in silence waiting for her proclamation.