Saturday at 4 O'Clock (The First Date)

⚫️Jun Pyo⚫️

Saturday was finally here. The day I had been waiting anxiously for all week long. It was the day Me and Jan Di were going to have our first official date. I had already told her about how I felt and now we would actually get to spend some time together.

I had everything planned out. I was going to meet her at Namsan Tower. She would get to see the lightshow I had prepared for at exactly 4:15 on the dot. Then we would go out to dinner, as the car was scheduled to pick us up at 5:30 to take us to the restaurant. Afterwards, we would go to the lookout tower and enjoy the evening looking out over the town and admiring the sparkling city.

I had put a lot of thought into this, and it was going to be perfect. I do not think I had ever put so much thought into something as I did this night.

I was so nervous getting ready for that night. I had never been one to date. If I ever went on a date, the girl usually planned something and I would just show up. No one had ever sparked enough interest to continue to wasting my time with them.

I got ready early to make sure I got there before she did and that everything was ready.

Turns out, this wasn't the problem.

⚫️Jan Di⚫️

Saturday morning, the blissful and only day of the week I get to sleep in. Well that wasn't the case for this Saturday though. Because at 6 am, my mom busted in my room excitedly. It was still dark outside.

"Jan Di! Jan Di!" She practically sang as she came into my room. I could hear the giddiness in her voice. "Wake up! You have to get ready."

"For what?" I groaned as she flipped the light switch on in my room. Half-blinded I buried my face underneath the sheets.

"Get up, get up. We have to be there early to get in line," She told me seriously.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, from beneath my covers.

"The cheap department store across town is having their grand opening today! They are opening the doors at 4 o'clock but you have to get there early because it's expected that people are going to start lining up as early as nine this morning. So we have to hurry, we are already behind schedule, I want to get there by 8am. We will come with a strategy when we get there, but you have to hurry and get ready!"

I had almost forgot that that was today.

"Up! Up!" She told me as started the pulling covers off of me.

"Ok mom, I'm getting up!" I told her as I sat up in the bed.

She smiled happily at me and clapped her hands together excitedly before turning to walk out of my room.

My mom would love to be famous, but not as much as she loved a good sale.

"Oh and dress warm because it is supposed to be freezing today. There is even a chance of snow this evening," She told me as she left the room.

I got ready as fast as I could and as I was putting on a second hoodie, I felt like I was forgetting about something. I wasn't sure what it was but it was bothering me that I couldn't remember.

Oh well, it'll probably come to me later.

****

We got to the store about 8:30 and there was already a line of about fifteen people in front of us.

"As soon as it opens, run for these items, we must get these at all costs" Mom said pointing at something in the stores catalog. "And if you find something you think might fit you or of you see anything else we need, just stuff it in the cart. Then, I am going to the market section to stock up on groceries."