School Events Suck

Pictured above is Jan Di's embarrassing fall

*******
Ga Eul and I planned to shop around at a few places in port for the perfect costume.

We wanted to tell her Aunt Lisa before we left though.

We found her sitting in her room watching an old black and white soap opera.

When we walked in the first thing I saw on the screen was a woman kneeling in front of a man begging for him not to leave her here. I wasn't sure where 'here' was but I'm sure it couldn't have been that bad.

"Aunt Lisa, me and Jan Di are running into port to buy her a costume for tonight, is that ok?" Ga Eul told her.

"What party?" She
asked curiously.

"It's a long story, but she's been invited to the schools party tonight. We were told it was a costume party but Jan Di didn't bring anything like that with her."

"Oh, I see. That's interesting though, they almost always have a formal party. Unusually nothing so casual for Shin Hwa students."

We just shrugged our shoulders in reply.

"You girls go and have a good time. And be safe!" She yelled as we left her cabin.

We went into what felt like a hundred store's before we found the perfect outfit.

*********

When we had gotten back to the boat we asked around the staff to see what time the party was going to be. Almost everyone said it started at 7:30.

Everyone except the really old chef who burnt most of the food he cooked.

We then went back to our room so I could get ready.

The costume we had chosen was a Wonder Woman outfit with a fake crown and everything.

It showed off my small curves but wasn't too skanky.

We made sure I was waiting in front of the building that would lead me to the party. It was a little after 7:40 when we got there.

Better late that never right?.

I was wearing my black jacket because of the chilly breeze this evening.

I opened the door nervously before looking back at Ga Eul.

"Jan Di fighting!" She told me.

"Fighting!" I repeated back to her mustering up a little confidence.

Ga Eul always knew how to cheer me up.

I opened the doors confidently and walked in.

I had to walk down a small corridor before I made it to the banquet hall doors, where two men were waiting to open them for me.

They nodded politely at me before parting the doors for me to go inside.

I gasped in horror of what I saw.

Everyone was dressed in formal evening wear!

Tux's, puffy, flashy dresses, you name it!