#26 standing in the doorway

Y/n pov:
I was getting ready for my date with Dante. Since we were going to the pool I got on my prettiest bathing suit and honestly I don't know why. I like Gene and my heart is broken but there has always been apart of me that found Dante....cute.
I quickly got changed and put my hair in braids (pic above)

Dante's pov:
"Okay so I don't know what to do about Aph." I looked over at Gene raising an eyebrow.

"Don't break her heart."

Gene rolled his eyes as he got up. "I'm going to go talk to her see yea." With that he left. I sighed and sat down on the bed. Is this right? Should I really be going on a date with y/n? No matter how much I like her I don't want my brother to hate me. I shook my head and drove to the pool since she wanted to meet me there.

Once I got there I sat down on one of the pool chairs. The pool was pretty much empty which was weird considering it was a sunny day. I looked around and couldn't help but check out this super hot girl sitting on one of the pool chairs in a black bathing suit. I was about to text u/n until I saw the girl stand up and she was beautiful. She had h/l h/c hair with e/c sparkling eyes it was then I realized. "Y/n?" It was y/n! She then turned around and waved, I waved back and was about to walk up to her until she ran and jumped into the pool. When she came out of the water she looked like an angle and I realized she was waiting for me to jump in so I did.

"Took you long enough!" I yelled in a laughing tone.

"Ha sorry traffic wasn't great." Is smirked at her and came closer to her.

"You look beautiful by the way."

"You don't look to bad yourself with those abs." She winked at me and went under water. I think I was for once out flirted. I then went under water and opened my eyes to see y/n smiling. We then both went up for air.

"So how's living without your sister been?" I asked her as she flipped her hair to the side.

"It's been okay I guess... honestly I don't think she is coming back but I don't mind she wasn't my most favourite person... so how is things at home for you?" I looked at her questionably.

"Oh um I mean it's something alright." She looked at the water.

"Dante you can tell me anything alright? And if you don't want too tell me anything then that's fine too I understand." She said in an understanding tone. I want to tell her but should I? I mean maybe she might tell me something about her parents and why Aphmau calls her murderer."

"Okay well... my parents hardly even notice Gene and I exist." I paused for a moment. "The only t-time they do notice is when t-there h-high or drunk." I could feel tears and anger. "When they are h-high or d-drunk they will get very impatient especially after a long hard day at work." I took another deep breath trying not to burst into tears. "So when they n-need to... blow off steam they use Gene and I." Before y/n could say anything I continued no matter how hard it was. "B-but they mainly beat up Gene a-since he always tries to protect m-me." So felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulder, but I also felt like I was going to burst out in tears. I looked at y/n and knew that she was going to say "I'm so sorry" or that she was going to call the police.

"I know how that feels." I looked up st her in surprise.

"W-what?" I asked starting to her worried.

"I'm not going to tell the whole story but let's just say I was physically, emotionally and... s-sexually abused for a huge chunk of my life." I looked at her astonished at what she just said.

"Y-you mean? For how long?" She shook her head and looked at the pool.

"I don't want to get into to much detail but let's just say I have PTSD and will never ever be cured from it. Oh and my sister is fine she didn't help me, she just stood there silently." I felt sick to my stomach. Why her? Why her!

We had both left the pool. After our deep conversation we swam for a bit then we both came to my room to watch a movie. The movie had just ended and we were talking.

"Oh my gosh! You actually did that!" I nodded trying to keep my laughter in.

"The was the worst thing possible." We both smiled at each other.

"Hey Uh... y/n?" She turned to me and nodded.

"I know w-we have only been on one date but I feel closer to you then I've ever felt to anyone... would you be my girl friend?"

Y/n looked at me surprised. I'm an idiot! Not only is she probably still into Gene bu- Wait Gene!

"I would love to!" Wait what? Before I knew it we out started to kiss and at that momment I heard the voice o didn't want to hear.

"D-Dante?" I looked over from kissing y/n and saw Gene standing in the door way.