Niklaus Mikaelson

You sit on the sofa with Caroline in the Salvatore House sulking. Well, sulking really isn't the right word to use. Really, you're sitting on the sofa trying not to cry again.

Here's what happened to cause this, like Matt you were pulled into all this vampire shit. Klaus has a short temper and you suffered because of it. He kidnapped you to get what he wanted, when he didn't his way his temper flared and he snapped your neck. What he didn't know is you had Caroline's blood in your system from an accident you had two days prior.

You're not crying cause you're going to be a vampire soon, no, you're upset cause you can't go on T or anything. You're stuck like this, forever uncomfortable in your own body.

"(Y/n), it'll be okay, we'll make this work. I promise." Caroline tries again, you sigh, getting up.

"I'm going for a walk." You mutter.

Once alone outside you walk through a nearby forest. You sit down against a tree letting your head fall between your knees, letting yourself fully break down and sob. You never wanted this. You never wanted to be known as "the dyke" around town. You just wanted to feel comfortable in your own skin.

You don't know how long you just sat there sobbing. Somehow you hear a twig snap and your head snaps up. You see Klaus standing there watching you. You try to back up but are trapped by the tree.

"I came to see how you were..." His beautiful accent rang in your ears. You shake your head at the thought.

"I'm fine." You obviously lie.

"If I had known-" He sits against the tree across from you.

"You'd what!? You'd have restrained yourself from snapping my neck!?" You snap, not wanting his or anyone else's pity. You've learned to rely on yourself and no one else.

He looks down, almost like he's ashamed. You wipe the tears from your face not wanting to look weak.

"I'd like to apologize to you. I truly mean it. I'm sorry." He says softly into the quiet air.

"You expect me to believe that bullshit? Why would the big bad Klaus care about me? Someone he doesn't even know?" You roll your eyes annoyed.

"I may not know you, but I know how you feel. I know what it's like to be pushed into a situation you never wanted to be in." He pauses for a minute. "Have you fed yet?" He asks.

You turn your head giving him your answer. He stands up holding out his hand for you. You give him a look but take his hand anyway letting him help you up.

"I figured you wouldn't want so many eyes on you when you fed. If you feed." He says handing you a vial of blood.

You give a small smile, appreciating the thought. You take it looking at it mentally debating if you'd rather just die or not. You sigh before you open it and drink the whole shot of blood. You thought it'd taste worse than it did.

"Thank you." You quietly say.

"Anytime." He smiles leaning in kissing your cheek.

"Will you accompany me for a drink?" He asks looking into your eyes.

"Are you asking me out on a date?" You ask back, raising an eyebrow.

"Perhaps." He smirks.

You bite your lip thinking about it. On one hand he killed you, turning you. He's the "bad guy", the one everyone wants to kill. Although, on the other hand, he seems to honestly be sorry. He didn't have to be here. He really seems like he cares.

"I could definitely use a drink, but you're buying." You link your hand to his.

"Gladly." He smiles at you.

"Since I've sealed my fate, I've decided I need to become more confident in myself, even if my body is stuck like this." You say as you both make your way out of the little forest area.

"I can help with that. You have so much to be confident about." He looks into your eyes with a small smirk on his face.

You bite your lip looking down at his lips. You feel kinda guilty for wanting to kiss him so bad. You're never going to be comfortable in your body now, so if there's ever a time to not care and take a chance it's now. You lean up, lightly pressing your lips to his. He kisses you back firmly wrapping his arms around your waist making you smile into the kiss.

"(Y/n)!?" Caroline's voice snaps you out of it.

You break the kiss but keep your hand in his. This is gonna be fun to explain, especially to Caroline. You wish you left for that drink sooner.