Hannibal Lecter

"No! I'm not going!" You refuse to get out of the car.

Your 'lovely' mother won't take you home so you can get started on the mountain of homework you got today, instead, she wants you to see a psychiatrist cause she can't accept your gender.

"Yes, you are! Get out of my car!" She opens your door pulling you out forcefully. She holds a tight grip on your shirt as she drags you into the building.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. (L/n), I presume," The man shakes your mothers hand, "And your son..." He puts out a hand to shake. He... He didn't misgender you... You smile brightly, taking his hand in yours.

"My daughter, actually, (D/n)," Your mother butts in before you can introduce yourself taking that smile right with your introduction, "I told her not to cut her hair so short, told her she would look like a boy, but she did it anyway, teenagers." She shakes her head.

"I think it looks good on her," He smiles at you, you try to smile back but you know it doesn't reach your eyes. "Come on in, (B/n), and we can start." He steps aside so you can walk into his office but, of course, your mother beats you to it.

"Do you mind if I have a word with you first, Dr. Lecter?" She walks into his office before letting him answer. So that's this guy's name, Dr. Lecter... It somehow fits him.

"Of course." He says quietly.

"We'll be just a moment, sweety," Your mother says sweetly, "Don't you dare move from that spot." She gives you a look before closing the door.

You think about leaving, you could walk home and have some time to yourself before she gets to the house. But she'd give you absolute hell when she got home and you don't want to deal with that, so you stay put.

"Thank you for understanding, Doctor." Your mother says opening the door.

"Of course, Mrs. (L/n)." Dr. Lecter gives a small, almost forced, smile.

"I'll be in the car when you're done." She smiles before leaving for the car.

"Please, come in." He smiles at you.

You slowly walk into his office. You look around the room as he closes the door. This is probably the most beautiful room you've ever been in. There's a beautiful fireplace, a few bookcases filled with books, that's not including the upper loft section that is almost entirely, from what you can see, floor to ceiling bookcases that are full of books. Dr. Lecter has his desk a bit to the right of the fireplace, two black leather armchairs facing each other a few feet from the desk, and a futon not far from the chairs. What draws your attention most is the big window on the other side of the room, that's what really brings this room together. It opens the room up, drenching it in sunlight. And the view, dear god, you could stare out into this view for hours.

"Please, sit." You come back to reality seeing Dr. Lecter is already sitting in an armchair, you take your seat across from him.

"What do you want to be called?" He asks once you're sitting. Did he forget your name already? No, it's on the paperwork he's holding.

You open your mouth but nothing comes out.

"I know your mother gave me a name for you but I take it you might prefer a different name." He says simply at your silence. A slow smile appears on your lips as his words sink in.

"(Y/n). I'm (Y/n) (L/n)." He smiles leaning forward, putting out a hand. You shake his hand, still smiling.

"I'm Dr. Hannibal Lecter, It's nice to meet you properly." Therapy might not be so bad after all.

"Is that what my mother wanted to talk to you about? My 'mental illness'?" You ask leaning back in the comfortable chair.

"Indeed she did. Forgive me for saying this but she's quite rude." You can't help but laugh at that.

"Yeah, she is." You agree.

"Although the DSM-5, The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, classifies gender dysphoria as a mental disorder, it is not an illness. It really all has to do with your brain chemistry." Dr. Lecter starts, setting the paperwork on the small round table next to his chair. "One theory on the basis of gender dysphoria is that sexual differentiation of the genitals occurs separately from sexual differentiation of the brain in the uterus, making it possible that the body can veer in one direction and the mind in another." He finishes.

Now you're actually glad your mother forced you to come to therapy, this honestly is what you need right now. Your whole family is transphobic, it's nice having someone who's actually accepting of you.

"I wish my mother could hear that and actually get it through her thick skull, that there's nothing wrong with me. Unfortunately, if you told her that she'd just write you off and say you were crazy." You shake your head.

"I imagine quite a few people would agree with her on that." Dr. Lecter's lips upturned a bit.

"That you're crazy?" He's definitely smirking now. "I feel like I should be concerned that my therapist just insinuated that he's crazy." You say but smile anyway.

"Should be concerned? Are you insinuating that you're not?" You definitely like him, he's got a sense of humor.

"You're not like other therapists I've had, there's something..." You pause trying to find the right word. "More about you... I like it." You try to voice your thoughts but it didn't translate to your mouth quite right.

"More?" Dr. Lecter questions.

"I'm not sure how to explain it... I'm not going to make your life hell, that's for sure." He just raises an eyebrow in question.

"My past therapists had the same mindset as my mother so you can imagine how torturous it was. If it was going to be torture for me then it was going to be torture for them as well." You smirk in satisfaction.

"Now I'm intrigued. Tell me about what you did to make their lives hell." Dr. Lecter eyes you curiously, it's not a bad curiosity though.

"Oh I got some fun stories, but they'll have to wait until next time." You say glancing at a clock on the wall behind him.

"You're quite right about that," He says checking his watch, "It will have to wait." He stood up walking to the door with you in tow.

"I look forward to hearing these stories next week, Mr. (L/n)." He smiles, opening the door for you.

"Until next week. Goodnight, Dr. Lecter." You send a smile his way before heading for your mothers car.