V

You slip out of your house needing some fresh air. You just had to listen to your dad yell at you about this and that, mostly that you 'need to grow up and stop pretending to be a boy.' You just need some air.

"A yellow-coded curfew is now in effect. Any unauthorized personnel will be subject to arrest. This is for your own protection." You roll your eyes. 'For your own protection' your ass.

You know you shouldn't risk being out past curfew but you just need to get away. You walk down the street, you stop for a second seeing a man before you quickly turn down an alley and, of course, bump into a man.

"Excuse me." The man who you bumped into says.

"Sorry, I didn't see you..." You panic.

"In a hurry, are we?" Another man comes into the alley.

"I was just..." You start but you're at a loss for words.

"It's past curfew, you know." The first man says.

"My uncle, he's very sick." You quickly come up with a lie.

"Sick uncle? What you think on that, Willy?" The first man asks the second.

"It's a load of bollocks." He says, the look on his face scares you.

"I made a mistake. I shouldn't be out after curfew. I know that." You say trying to get out of this.

"Maybe you could look after us before getting back to your uncle. See, my friend, he's kind of sick. Ain't you?" The man says with a sick smirk on his lips.

"Real sick. Bad case of the blues. You can feel them." He grabs your hand but you quickly pull away.

"Don't touch me!" You yell.

"Look, Willy, kitty's got claws." He laughs.

"Don't call me that!" You snap but they ignore you.

"She just threatened us." He says mock shockingly.

"That she did, that she did. You know what that means, don't you?" The other tsk's.

"I'm not a girl!" You protest but both men just laugh before the first gets a dark look in his eyes and says.

"It means that we exercise our own judicial discretion. And you get to swallow it." He shows you a badge and your face turns ghost white.

"You're Fingermen." You say in horror.

"She's getting the picture." They grab you so you can't move.

"No, please, I didn't know. I'm sorry." You yell trying not to cry.

"Not yet you're not. But you will be." One says.

"By sunup, if you're not the sorriest piece of ass in all of London… Then you'll certainly be the sorest." You let your tears fall hearing that.

"Oh, God, no. Please don't do this. I'll go home. I won't do it again, I swear! Please!" You plead terrified.

"What do you think, lads?" The one says.

"Spare the rod, spoil the child." The other days as they grip you harder.

"Help me! Someone help!" You scream kicking and screaming trying to get free.

"The multiplying villainies of nature do swarm upon him." A mysterious voice rings out.

"What the hell?!"

"Bugger off!" The two men holding you say.

"Disdaining fortune, with his brandish'd steel. Which smoked with bloody execution." The man steps forward.