The Beginning

I love school but I don't really like people, they irk me all the time. That's why I don't have that many friends except one, Neal Cassidy. We've been friends since elementary and we are considered to be the biggest nerds at Ocean View High. With it being the beginning of our junior year we have enough time to plan for the future.

Being called a nerd doesn't bug me because I plan on becoming well alongside Neal, we plan on becoming the best biochemists out there.

Today the day started off normal, Neal and I were working on our assignment in our advanced biology class when the teacher interrupts the class.

"Ok class it's time to pick partners for our big project." Everyone complained. I gave Neal a look and he smiled. He scoots closer to me and grins. "So my beautiful partner what kind of project shall we do this year?" I look around and laugh. "Who knows but it has to be awesome." As we were discussing ideas someone walks in accompanied by the principal. I nudge Neal.

"Who's that?" He shrugs. The principal walks out and I take a better look at him. He was dressed pretty nice and not going to lie he was very handsome. Black hair, blue eyes, tall, he had the whole package but by the look on his face he seemed to be one of those guys.

"Class meet Killian Jones, he just moved here from Europe." The whole class gasped. Neal rolled his eyes. "Another rich boy joining our class," he whispers to me as he continues to write on his notebook. I sit back on my chair and laughed. "Hey don't judge him," I say sarcastically and he laughs.

"Oh just because he's good looking doesn't mean he's rich Neal," I say and Neal scoffs. "Emma he has designer clothes and shoes." I sat there and nodded. "That he does." I say and laughed. "Well Neal I'm sure you will enjoy having him around." He rolls his eyes at the teacher and scoffs.

"Ok since we already started I'm going to assign you with Ruby, she doesn't have a partner and you can get the notes and all that from Emma or Neal," the teacher says. Neal and I scoff. Killian nods and sits down next to Ruby. "Hey doll face," he says to Ruby as he winks at her. I roll my eyes and chuckled.

"Well who knows if he's rich but he's just another stuck up and flirt who will only grow up to be an obnoxious Frat boy," I say and Neal laughs. "Oh my God Emma, you're hilarious." I smile proudly. That's when I see Killian standing in front of me. He puts his arms on my desk and smiles.

"So nerds, can either of you pass me the damn notes?" We sat there quietly. "Come on I need to pass the semester if not I won't be able to go to Fiji over Christmas break." I laugh. Neal chuckles. "Told you he was rich, Emma." I nod.

I lean up to him and smiled. "You know with all that money you have you should buy yourself some manners mister Jones." He scoffs. "Look here nerds, I don't want any problems just give me the notes and I'll be out of your way." I sat there and ignored him. He shook his head and chuckled.

"Please," he said as he clenched his teeth. "I'm sorry what?" He sighs. "Can I have the notes please?" I smiled and handed him my notebook. "Now was that hard?" He grins then scoffs. "Thank you," he says and I roll my eyes. He walks away and Neal shakes his head.

"What did I tell you, he's a spoiled rich brat." I nod. "He may be rich and good looking but that nasty attitude makes him so unattractive." Neal laughs. The bell rings and Killian gives me back my notebook and quickly rushes out of the classroom. I pack up all my things and we made our way outside because it was finally time for lunch.

Neal and I would always sit next to the trees by the office because that was the best view of the whole quad area. I know it's mean but we love sitting there so we could judge and make fun of other people as they walked by. And plus the grass was super comfortable and green I might add.