Not Again

I'm shaking Emma and she doesn't wake up. I cannot lose her, I lost her once before and I can't lose her again. The girls are in tears, just like me and I hate myself because I can't comfort them. That's when the ambulance arrives as well as the cops. I check her pulse and it's gone. The Paramedics come as one of the officers calls me over.

I pick up the girls but they cling on to Emma's body. I pull them away and walked up to the officer. I told him everything that happened, while I had my two girls crying on my shoulders. I turned around and I see the ambulance had left with Emma's body. I made my way to the house and I changed the girls into dry clothes.

As I waited for them to finish brushing their teeth, all I could think about was how am I going to do this without Emma. Emma was my rock, I know she was dealing with all these things but the girls and I are nothing without her. They finished up and we got into the car and made our way to the hospital.

We get inside and I asked where I could claim her body, and they sent us to the maternity floor. Why would they send us there? That's when my heart stopped, they probably want to know what I'm going to do with my little boy's dead body. My hands grew colder by the second.

I haven't even met this little one and my heart hurts knowing I lost two precious beings tonight. We walked up the nurses station and asked for Emma. She escorted me to a room where they had her situated but asked me to leave the girls in a day care because they are too young to go in.

I walked by the viewing area where they put the babies in and I see all the babies. My heart hurt knowing that my little boy could have been here. I walked by the NICU and I see babies in incubators. That's when I see a familiar name. "Jones." Of course the baby could be another Jones because I'm not the only one in this place.

That's when the nurse walks up to me. "Oh good, you found your boy." I gasp. "What?" She gives me a weird look. "Oh your boy survived the stabbing, the knife didn't hit him and he was healthy but we put him in here since he was exposed to a foreign object while in the womb." My heart stopped.

I looked inside and I see my precious boy sound asleep. I was so overjoyed because my boy had made it. That's when the nurse sighs. "Well I'm sorry to say this Mr. Jones but I can't say the same about your wife." My happiness was gone in less than a second. I turn to her and tears started to fill in my eyes.

She escorted me to a room where they had her body in. I walked in and they had her covered. I take off the white sheet and I see her beautiful face. Tears started falling down my cheek non stop. I caressed her face and I let out a sob. The warm face I once caressed was icy cold. She had no life.

I sat down and I held her body closer to me thinking I can bring her back to life with the warmth of my body. I kissed her forehead and continued to sob. My love, my all is gone. God, if I had only spent more time at home instead of basically living a double life this wouldn't have happened.

I caressed her cheek once again and let out my last sob. I put her down and kissed her ice cold lips one last time. As I was kissing her I honestly wished she was kissing me back. I seriously need her back. I walked up to the door and I couldn't walk away. I leaned against it and just started to talk to her like if she was just asleep.

I started to talk about when we first met in high school then everything that happened after. Meeting her was the best damn thing that happened to me and losing her a second time is the worst thing that has happened to me. I walked up to her and dried my tears.

I grabbed her and kissed it. "I promise my love I will take good care of our kids." I kissed it again and that's when something unexplainable happened.

How could this be?