First Day of Senior Year

It was the first day of Senior year and let me tell you I was not looking forward to it. I still missed Neal so much and the new Emma Swan that is entering this school year is not the same as junior year. Everything that represented me was gone, even the color in my life.

And I mean that literally, I changed my whole wardrobe. I'm wearing all black, I even died my hair black and wore black lipstick and I had piercings on the top of my ear, nose and mouth. This helped me cope and become strong to endure life without Neal. Don't get me wrong it was hard at first but now I'm used to it.

I went to my first classes and everyone was giving me weird looks. Yeah I know changed but I don't care what they say. I checked my schedule and I had my biology teacher for Anatomy. Cool, I can't help it I love science. I mean I still have to graduate but I'm a be alone that's the only difference. And another thing is that I no longer want to become a scientist but something much more powerful.

I walked into the class and sat down in my same usual spot. "Morning," the teacher says to me then gasps. "Emma?" I nod. "Wow you look..." I nod. "I hope you're doing ok?" I smile. "I've been coping but I'm ok." The teacher nods. I put my hood on as kids were walking into the classroom. I look at them and for the most part I couldn't recognize any of them.

That honestly made me happy because that meant I will be left alone. "This seat taken beautiful emo princess?" I over hear a familiar voice say. Oh God it's Killian. I scoff and turned around. "Very well," he says and sits down. Just my damn luck, he was annoying all throughout my junior year and now I have Anatomy with him.

The bell rang and everyone got settled down. "Ok class im going to assign you guys partners because since you're all seniors you guys are going to be busy working on projects." The teacher says. The teacher starts naming people and they start sitting next to their partners.

"Ok Killian, your partner is Emma Swan." I scoff. He chuckles. "Umm yeah about that Emma Swan isn't here," Killian says and I chuckle. He still hasn't recognized me, figures. "Umm Killian, Emma is sitting next to you," the teacher says and he turns around. I wave to him. He gasps.

The teacher continued to go down the list and Killian shakes his head. "Look at you," he says and I scoff. "What happened?" I stayed quiet. "No seriously you were all a nerd and now what an emo girl?" I stayed quiet. He continued to chuckle. "Man what did I miss?" I scoff.

The teacher had assigned the class to do an assignment so everyone was busy doing that. That's when Killian breaks the silence.

"Hey speaking of missing, where's your pal, damn that other nerd that used to be with you?" I sigh. "Damn I forgot his name.... umm Neal?" I stayed quiet. He then laughed. "Oh is that why you turned all emo because he left or no did he abandon you?" I snap.

I get up and pulled his collar. "You don't know what your talking about rich boy!" I scream out. The whole class gasped. "What's going on?" The teachers asks. I let go and sit him down. "Nothing it was just a misunderstanding right mister Jones?" Killian nods. The teacher nods.

"Damn Swan, I don't know why you got all defensive?" I scoff. That's when the bell rings. I grabbed my stuff and ran out the classroom.

Killian's POV

I gotta say Emma scared me, I mean I wasn't seeing that nerd girl I was seeing a completely different person. I was honestly a bit intrigued as to why she reacted like that. "Killian a word please." I over hear the teacher say. I scoff. Damn it, I'm sure gonna get written up.

"You know that Neal, Emma's friend died before the school year ended." I gasp. "Really?" "Yes." I sigh. Damn I was dirt bag. I nod. "So take it easy on her." I nod. I made my way out the door and walked to my next class.

I get to the lockers and I see someone shoving a kid into one of the lockers. I sigh. I make my way over there. "Hey leave him alone," I scream. The boy laughs. "Go away rich boy," he says and I chuckle. "You're going to be late to class," I say and he laughs. He then pushed the other boy again and I scoff. I pulled him away and he pushed me. I hit him in the face and chuckles.

He tries to come at me again but I hit him in the nose. Leaving it bloody. I look at my hand and it's all bloody. "Now scram," I say and he runs away. I pull the kid out of the locker and he runs away.

"Wow I didn't know you could hit like that Mister Jones," I overhear a voice say. I turn around and I see Emma standing there. I nod. She then comes up and hands me a napkin. "Thank you." She nods. "Next time leave the saving to me." I chuckle.

"So what you're the school's defender now?" She scoffs. "Just mind your own business Jones." I chuckle. Then the bell rings. "You better hurry up unless you want to be written up for detention." She says and walks away. I shake my head.

Who is this person? She changed so much, I guess losing Neal really made her change. Not only physically but I mean everything. Emma is not the same girl I knew from last year.