Where I Belong

I'm in the white room again. No it can't be. I can't be here again. I started to panic. Why can't I just appear where I'm meant to spend eternity. I try to run but there's no where to go. I'm going crazy, and I touch my belly and I don't feel anything.

Why would I have my baby here, he's probably already in heaven. I start to cry and I sit down on the floor. I then curl into a little ball. That's when I feel someone's arms hug me. I look up and I see Neal but not the one that haunted me but my best friend from high school, not the older man.

I hugged him and he hugged me back. "Wow Emma I gotta say you look so beautiful." I smile. "Look at you, you're..." He laughs. "Yeah I'm still that young man." I laugh. "So you're really here?" He nods. "You can say that." I nod. "It's just good seeing you here and not..." He nods.

"Yeah I'm sorry about that, I never thought that he would do that." I nod. "Well at least I'm here with you." He nods then starts to laugh. "I can't believe you ended up with Killian." I start to laugh. "Yeah me neither." He continues to laugh. "He was a douche bag Emma." I nod.

"I know but literally after you died I became very cold and well I'm pretty sure you've seen what I've done and well he changed and I married him." He nods. "I wanted to marry you." I half smile. "I know." He smiles. "Well I'm happy you had a good life." I nod. "Sadly I never got to meet my little boy." He nods.

"Well that's why I'm here." I gave him a weird look. "You're technically dead." I nod. "Ok...?" He smiles. "Well there might be a chance for you to go back." I get up. "Are you serious?" He nods. "But we have to know, if that's where you truly belong." I smile. "Neal I love you, I always will even though it sounds me to say it when I'm an older woman and you're a kid but I love Killian with all of my heart and of course my girls."

He smiles. "I know." I smile. "You just need to let go of your past." I gave him a weird look. "What do you mean?" I turn around and I see Killian's Dad. "You think you can get rid of me that easily?" He says as he starts shooting at me. I run but there was no where to hide. He continued to shoot at me and that's when it hit me, he's gone.

"You can't hurt me." That's when he disappeared. That's when I hear a little cry. I turn around and I see a little girl covered in blood. She walked up to me and was crying. "Why did you kill me mommy, you didn't love me?" I gasp.

Was this the child I lost when Killian's Dad shot me. I shook my head. "No sweetie." She continued to cry. "Promise me you'll protect my little brother." I gave her a weird look. "What?" She pointed to another direction and I looked and there was nothing there. I look back and she was gone.

I need to accept the fact that losing her wasn't my fault. That's when I hear Abigail's voice. "I hate you Emma." I run towards the voice. That's when she appears in front of me. "We were friends, we were sisters but you changed." I shook my head. "No Abigail it's not like that..." She then slapped me and I touched my cheek.

"Abigail I love you but I had to leave with my family, and if I ever hurt you or your kids I'm sorry." Her anger disappeared. "I guess it was time for us to move on huh?" I sigh in relief. "I think it's time to part ways." She smiled and disappeared. More people appeared and I was able to accept what I couldn't change.

Finally I get to a white door. The final door before going back to Killian. That's when Killian appears in front of me. "Do you really love me enough to go back?" I gave him a weird look. "I love you Killian why would you ever think that?" He sighs.

"I promise to not keep anything from you, you're my husband, my other half, when I get back to you, I promise I will be the woman you fell in love with." He smiles and disappeared. I open the door and walked through but there wasn't anything there. I was back in the white room.

Did I not pass the test? I started to cry. I guess I'm meant to spend eternity here. That's when I feel someone grabbing my hand and I hear Killian's voice in the distance. I must be waking up, I'm finally going back to where I belong, alongside Killian.

Killian's POV
Im in shock when I see Emma's eyes open. "Killian?" I am overjoyed and tears fill my eyes. "Emma?" She smiles then starts to groan. "It hurts." That's when I look down and her wound is starting to bleed. I couldn't help it but I had to kiss her first. Once I did I ran out the door to get a nurse. Doctors and nurses rushed and took Emma to a room to treat her wounds.

Is it possible that I'm getting another chance to be happy with my wife? I swear if she survives this, I'm leaving my job as an agent and I'm a work where I can come home every night and be with her and our kids. This where I belong, alongside Emma. We belong aside one another because no one can come in between true love.