1 :: a challenger appears

A/N
Italics : Japanese
Normal Text : English
---
-9 years later-

Y/n closed the door to her apartment. For her 15th birthday, her parents had given her an apartment, in a gesture similar to getting her own room. She also snagged herself a job as a mechanic. Y/n, really, wasn't that much of a girly-girl. She had also grown pretty tall for a 16 year old: 5"7.

She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and climbed down the stairs for the first day of high school.

Y/n took out her sunglasses and put them on, trying to look cooler in her school uniform. Her ugly brown loafers and knee-high socks ruined the look of her clothes, so she brought along her favorite sunglasses to spice it up.

Y/n dug around in her bag for the lollipop she had packed earlier and then popped in in her mouth. She flipped the stick from one side of her mouth to the other Side with her tongue.

Just as she was about to turn a corner, her path was blocked by a bunch of girls. At least 10.

"Hey, would you mind getting out of the way? Unlike you guys, I've got places to be," Asked y/n. They were wearing the same uniform as y/n, and y/n wasn't eager to have them in her class.

One of the girls turned around. "Class doesn't start for another 20 minutes. Don't you want to wait for Josuke?"

Y/n raised an eyebrow. "Josuke?" But then one of the girls screamed, "look, here he comes!" And they all squealed. There was no way that she was going to squeeze past all of them in time, so y/n asked for the help of the world.

"The world! Time will stop!" Said y/n. The familiar three ticks sounded, and everything was still. Y/n rolled her eyes and squeezed past the horde of fan girls. "Time will resume," said y/n in a monotone voice.

From behind her, she heard the girls all talking to this Josuke kid, and arguing who he'd hold hands with on the way to school. She rolled her eyes again.

The walk to school wasn't very long, seeing that this was a small town. You walked into the courtyard and still had 10 minutes to spare.

Y/n looked around and held your bag tighter. There were people everywhere and you weren't quite sure what to do to pass the time, so you took out a book and read, standing near the courtyard's fence.

She couldn't even finish a chapter without feeling a face push into your lower stomach.

Y/n looked down, and there was a small kid on the floor with grey hair that was neatly combed back. You wondered what a middle schooler was doing here.

"I-I'm so sorry!" Stuttered the kid, blushing. She raised an eyebrow. "It's okay. Lost?" She asked. The kid nodded. Y/n opened her mouth to give directions to the middle school, but then he asked, "Could you tell me where class 1-C is?"

Y/n was surprised how short he was for a high schooler. "Sure...go up a flight of stairs past those doors and turn left."

The kid smiled. "Thank you...?"

"Y/n."

"Y/n-Senpai!" Y/n raised an eyebrow. "Senpai? I'm a first year."

"A first year?! No way!!" Said the kid. "I'm a first year, too! You're so tall!" Y/n laughed. "Guess that's just how it goes...?" The boy smiled. "Um, koichi."