19 :: invaders from beyond

Hooray! I'm back! Let's get riiiight into the news! Er, story.
---
A/N
Italics - Japanese
Normal Text - English
---
If you thought that this chapter was going to be about Mikitaka, you were...wrong.

It was actually a couple days after he "crash landed" on earth is when it all started to happen. It was late at night. You were still sleeping, having a dream about nothing. That was, until the dream brightened up.

You were in some dimly lit place. It smelled like mildew and old books. There was no use in yelling out "anyone there", for it was just a dream.

Then, a figure stepped out of the shadows. From the way he was dressed, you could have sworn he was a banana. A smirk inched at your lips.

"How's Hell, Dio?"

"Just fine, mind you."

He sits down in a chair across from you, crossing his legs. You twirl a stand of hair around your finger. "There must be a reason you're here."

He nods, only a little. "You're turning into me."

You scoff. "Heh. How insane."

He alternates the leg that's crossed. "Listen, I've learned from my mistakes--"

"Took you long enough."

He snarls. "If I were alive, I would have ripped out your tongue."

You smirk and raise a hand, slightly. "Go on."

"You've inherited my stand. My stand still has my DNA in it," he gets up, then strolls over to you. "You'll eventually become me."

He opens your mouth using his thumb, and peers in. You consider spitting in his eye.

"It's already starting."

"What's already starting?"

He sits back down. "I'll make you a deal--"

"I'm not making a deal with you Again. Tell me what's already starting."

"Your fangs are starting to come in."

You jump a little, and your thumb goes to your teeth and runs over the enamel. No sharpness yet.

He licks his bottom lip. "I'll make sure you don't become me, and you let me be the little voice inside your head."

"Oh, so if I don't want to become a vampire, I let you possess me. I'm not dumb, Dio, I still don't trust you."

"Possess?" He leans back into his chair. "I wouldn't say that. I'd call it a...mentor." Extending his hand, he says, "you're a smart girl, y/n. You should know the right choice. What do you say?"

Shoving your hand under your leg, you shake your head no. "I'm not doing it. I'm leaving."

"There's nowhere to run, dearest."

"Don't talk to me like I'm one of you're sacrifices."

You can tell Dio is starting to get impatient. "I get you to where you are now--" he makes a swinging gesture-- "and you repay me like this?"

"Listen, no. I'll let you do literally anything else but let you possess me. Leave me alone!"

He growls. "I can kill you right here and now."

You laugh. "Then do it, you wimp!"

Big mistake. He shoves a hand inside your chest and squeezes your heart. In a dream, there's no pain, but you could definitely feel that.

"OkayOkayOkay!" You say, hitting his arm. He release his grasp on your heart. You suck in as much air as possible to distract yourself from the fact that your arteries were trying to pump blood back into your half-dead heart.

"What makes you think I'll give in?" You heave, a hand over your heart. He looks down at you from your position on the floor. "You're smart, yet you are still a weak child."

"Weak?! You had to steal your brother's body in order to keep living. You were too weak in your own!" That makes Dio tense up. You regret saying that.

He extends a hand to you, you thought, to help you get up. You take it. You let down your guard for a second and he tricks you, just as you anticipated.

He smiles. "The pact is sealed. Wear sunglasses tomorrow."

"Shit, no!"

You bolt up in your bed, breathing heavily. A drip of sweat gets into your eye. "DIO, YOU FUCKING BASTARD!" you scream into the pillow behind you.
---
"Y/n, it's really cloudy. Why do you have sunglasses on?" Asks Josuke as you walk to school.

"Tell him that you had your eyes diluted."

The voice comes from nowhere. But you know it's Dio's.

"Erm, I went to the eye doctor's last night. Know that thing they do with your eyes?" You ask, unsure yourself. He nods. "Aw, that thingy. Alright."

"Good girl," says someone, and you could have sworn you felt something pat your head. "This sucks," you thought, and a voice responded with "a deal's a deal!"

"So, um, what happened to Mikitaka?" Josuke shudders a little. "Let's not talk about that."

"Oh my god, did he probe you?!" You asked. He sucked in a little bit of air through his teeth for dramatic effect. "God! No, no. Just don't talk to Rohan for a couple of days." Wonder what that meant.

"Do you actually think he's an alien?" You ask Josuke. He shrugs. "I'm a little skeptical. Either this is one huge elaborate prank, or he's actually not from earth."

"I am not from earth."

A pencil jumps out of Josuke's bag and lands on the floor. Surprise surprise, it shapes shifts into Mikitaka. You jump back a little. Josuke smiles nervously. "Oh, yeah, and he can do that."

Mikitaka waves a little. "Are you off to school again? I was hoping to see what it was like here on earth." Josuke sighs, seemingly tired with Mikitaka's "no, I'm literally an alien" act.

"What? Would you prefer that I pose as what you humans call an eraser instead?" He asks, expectantly. You giggle a little. "Yeah, a penguin one!" He thinks you weren't joking and literally turns into a penguin eraser.
---
(Later that day)

You're writing an essay. Ironically, about space.

...therefore, after supernovas explode, they can also form a neutron stair--

You groan, knowing you had written stair instead of star. By instinct, you grab an eraser from your bag.

The moment you drag it across your paper, cries out in pain. Everyone looks at you funny, and you nervously laugh. "Ehehe...papercut!" You say, holding up a finger. Everyone, thankfully, looks back down at their own essays.

"Sorry, Mikitaka," you whisper. "Forgot it was you!" The eraser shakes a little. "It is alright. Supernovas also form black holes."

"Erm, thanks."
---
(See beginning for notes.)