25 :: THE WORLD's final curtain

A/N
Italics : Japanese
Regular Text : English
---
You woke up on the floor in that same room you had met DIO in. It was dark and musty, just like you had remembered. "DIO! Get me out of here!" You wailed, beating your fists against the wall.

You wandered over to a bookcase to see if maybe there was something you could use to get out. At this point, you were desperate. You didn't want to be stuck in your own subconscious.

As you ran your fingers across their eroding spines, The titles seemed a bit odd. They said things like "memories" and "weaknesses/strengths".

You pulled a thin book out that said "List of Fears" on the side. You opened the cover and began to read. Being Alone. Getting cornered. Being Hated. Getting killed.

Wait. Those were your fears!

You tossed the Fears book to the floor and picked out the memories book. It talked about how you met The World. It talked about moving to Japan. It talked about meeting Josuke and everyone else. You were mildly freaked out by the amount of knowledge these books held.

One book, titled "Current State", talked a little about how you were doing: that was until, you noticed, at the bottom of the page "cellular flesh bud implanted in forehead" was scribbled in runny ink.

Everything made sense now. Ever since you had "pledged" your loyalty to DIO, he had been able to manipulate you through that dumb little bud. He made your skin cells create one so he could do whatever he wanted to you.

You continued to go through as many books you could get your hands on, each of them saying something personal about you. You stepped backwards in shock...and tripped over a pile of books, landing with a bang on the floor.

That's when you noticed a window.

It led out to a balcony. At first, you thought you could climb out-- that was, until, you could see everything that was going on outside your body. You ran out and stood on the balcony, watching everything go down.

"Aw, those are my GOOD KITCHEN KNIVES!" You whined, watching DIO throw them perfectly straight at Jotaro. Thankfully, he dodged them.

You gasped when you saw Jotaro punch you as hard as he could. Sure, you were happy that DIO was being defeated, but you knew it would hurt when you got your body back. Well, if you ever got your body back.

DIO wouldn't shut up about how he's the greatest and how he'd finish up this battle once and for all. You clenched your fist.

DIO clenched his, too.

You got an idea.

Pressing yourself up against a wall, You made him pick up one of the knives and stab it right into your hand, and it went straight through and deep into the concrete. As you pinned yourself down, you yelled,  "Jotaro! There's a flesh bud--"

"Keep quiet in there!" DIO scolded, as he struggled to pull the knife out of your hand. Jotaro, who didn't even seem to be shaken, finally realized what was going on. Thankfully, he knew just what to do.

Out of the corner of your eye, everyone who was at the scene of Kira's death earlier ran over. A couple of them, namely Koichi and Rohan, yelled at you to stop, but neither you nor Jotaro paid any attention.

He held you against the wall by your neck, and seemingly stared deep into your soul.

Thankfully, Josuke was now fixed and well (fictional character medicine now is great, isn't it?). He yelled, "Jotaro! Stop, you're going to kill her!" He was obviously panicked. Maybe even worried, god forbid.

"SHUT UP!" Yelled Jotaro. After all, he needed to concentrate to pull this thing out.

While DIO struggled to breath, Very carefully, Star Platinum brushed away your bangs and carefully, carefully pulled on the little ball of flesh.

"C'mon, Jotaro, c'mon...!" You thought.

There was a sound similar to a rubber band snapping, and you fainted.
---
You felt the pavement against your face and stomach when you realized you were on the floor.

Your whole body hurt. Your hand was ripped to shreds and you had the worst headache you'd ever had. Your blood, coming from your forehead and mouth, was dripping onto the concrete. "Am I dead?" You asked yourself.

"Ah, that's right! DIO? You still there?" No response. "DIO, seriously, are you there?" Still no response. He was gone. You smiled to yourself knowing your pact was done.

You closed your eyes and continued to lie on the ground motionless. "I-Is she alright?" Asked Koichi.

"She's unconscious," replied Jotaro. "Well, what happened to her?" Okuyasu said. "Good grief," Jotaro said, preparing himself to explain.

He introduced DIO, and then explained about how your stand was once DIO's and how he had fought him, and after his died, his stand needed to find a new user, which was you. He had come back from the depths of hell to finish the fight with him and reclaim his stand. And so, he had made you do things against your will and try to kill off any remaining Joestars, and the flesh bud...it was just a huge mess.

"What an interesting story," said Rohan, probably writing it down. "That explains why she almost tried killing me the other day," said Josuke. Then, someone came closer. The familiar feeling of being healed ran through your body. At least Josuke had the audacity to heal you.

You shakily stood up. "Woah...what happened?" You said, rubbing your head, even though you were fully aware of what just happened.

"Um...long story." Josuke looked down, clearly embarrassed. "I'm sorry I thought you were Kira's subordinate. And I'm even more sorry I kind of broke up with you." He looked up at you, a nervous smile on his face. "Are we cool now?"

Everyone was silent as you and Josuke stared at each other, waiting for a response.

You slapped him. Josuke's head jerked to the side. He was surprised, which was clear as he touched his bruising cheek.

You smiled. "Idiot." And even though everyone was watching, you pulled him into a kiss.
---
A/N
The final chapter of Tough Luck should be posted within the next hour or two. Get ready!
-Mom