23 :: the final piece of the puzzle (part 2)

A/N
Italics: Japanese
Regular Text: English
---
You ran to school with a half-eaten piece of toast in your mouth and your bag over your shoulder, like any typical anime girl would.

"What am I gonna do once I get there?" You asked yourself. "How can I skip first hour--"

"You should have just called in sick."

"I wasn't asking you, DIO, but thanks for the advice." You stopped to a halt in the sidewalk.

You were right in front of Kira's house. No one was in sight. Nothing seemed to be out of place. "Were doing good," you thought, as you continued on running.

"Let's just hope I'm not too late," you continued to think. "If Rohan dies, that's okay--" You mentally slapped yourself. "Y/n! Why are you being so mean?!"

"It's a human instinct, if you ask me," says DIO. You roll your eyes. "Maybe it was just your instinct."

Tossing your toast in the trash, You found yourself at the corner. There was no one in sight except the car about to round the corner. It was blue, so it wasn't Rohan's.

You looked down the sidewalk and your heart stopped. Everyone was already talking to Hayato.

"Shit! What do I do?!" You panicked, looking around for any sign of Kira. He didn't seem to be nearby, but in your dream, he was hiding behind a tree or something.

Before you knew it, your legs started to move on their own towards Hayato.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?" asked Okuyasu. You only smiled nervously, then turned your attention to Hayato. "There you are, silly! I told you, don't run ahead of me!"

Everyone, even Hayato, looked at you with equally confused looks.

"You know him?" Asked Koichi. You nodded. "Yes, actually, I babysit him sometimes in the morning...!" Your hand found its way to Hayato's, and you began to tug in the other direction.

"If you all don't mind, I need to take him to school--"

"Y/n, I hope you noticed we were talking to him," said Jotaro. Josuke frowned. "Yeah. What the hell."

You locked eyes with Josuke. And for a minute or two, you stared at each other.

"...GOTTA GO!"

You used your stand to pick Hayato up and lift him onto your back, so you could carry him easily. And you ran.

"Who are you?!" He asked, quite scared. "I'm y/n, but refer to me as Onii-chan. I'm not going to hurt you. We just need to get you away from here before you can hurt someone--"

"Y/n! Get back here!" You could hear footsteps chasing you.

"Shit!" You breathed, and picked up the pace. "Hold on Hayato!" And he grasped tighter around your neck.

"THE WORLD! TIME WILL STOP!"

Time stopped, and you got a few meters further than the rest of them in the short time frame. But they wouldn't stop running after you.

"I'm sure you know that your dad--" you paused to take a few quick sharp breaths-- "isn't the man you thought he was."