13 :: gone without a trace (pt. 1)

A/N
Italics - Japanese
Regular Text - English
---
"Uh, yeah, sorry, I forgot to bring my wallet today," you said, feeling around your school bag. "I promise you two that I'll give you some lunch money later."

"It's fine," said Okuyasu. Josuke looked ahead, and his eyes lit up. "There's Shigechi! Maybe we can borrow from him!"

You all walked over to Shigechi. He smiled only a little when he saw you all. "Shigechi! Can we borrow ¥1,500 for lunch money?" Asked Josuke with a smile. "¥1,000." You corrected him. "I can live on granola bars until the day I die, bro."

"What happened to the lottery money you guys won?" Asked Shigechi, a little irritated. Josuke rubbed his neck. "Well, my mom froze the account...so can we have it?"

Shigechi groaned, and handed over the money. "Don't think I'm letting this slip. I'm writing an IOU in my planner!" Josuke waved his hand in the air, as a motion to a "yeah, whatever" and you all walked off.

"He had a sandwich from St. Gentelman's! I wonder if they're still open," mentioned Okuyasu. "Yeah! Let's go see!"
---
"Are you sure you don't have any behind the counter?" You say to the clerk, a student you recognized. You twirled the ends of your hair while you said it.

"No, ma'am, sorry," he said. You groaned and waved a goodbye. You sighed. "Sorry guys, looks like flirting can't get you everything."

You felt a little bad when they sulked. You all walked outside, only to meet Shigechi again. "They were out of sandwiches..." sighed Josuke.

"Whatever. The school's lunch will be pretty filling. Koichi said that he'd come and eat with us too..." he finished. "Augh, he's probably going to be with Yukako! Why do I have to eat lunch with TWO happy couples?" Groaned Okuyasu as you all turned to walk away. You giggled a little.

"Uh, the gym teacher sneaks coffee and tea in from the vending machines and keeps them in his office. All the faculty are in the teacher's lounge during lunch, and I sneak in all the time! Wanna just buy a lunch and come with me?" Asked Shigechi.

"Well, I'm not that greedy. I'll but my own lunch. See ya!" Said Okuyasu. You allow aved and started to head towards school.

"You still owe me! Bye!" Shigechi shouted from behind you all. You have made it a good 10 feet down the path, before Josuke stopped you.

"I mean...should we?"
---
You had to cover your mouth to stop from laughing as Okuyasu struggled to squeeze from the window.

"This better be the place," he growled, as he pushed himself through the small opening, the small bag of bento lunches that they had bought in hand. "Shigechi! You in here?!"

"Oh? You said you wouldn't come! And even after you called me a greedy thief...The nerve!" Shigechi scoffed. "Whatever. We brought our lunch." Said Josuke. "Can I get some coffee?"

"Ooh, yeah! Is there something like black coffee or milk coffee?" Okuyasu called to Shigechi. He scoffed. "You want milk coffee with bento? That's disgusting!"

Okuyasu rolled his eyes. You unwrapped a granola bar and sat on the pile of mats hat Shigechi's sandwich had been on, throwing the bag to the father side of the mats before you sat down. Josuke sat on the hurdles tower, and Okuyasu took a seat on the places blocks.