2 :: milk and fistfights

A/N:
Italic: Japanese
Normal Text: English
---
You began the same routine as yesterday: getting up, walking to school, reading a little, then making your way to first hour.

Josuke joined you not long before the bell rang. "Hey," he said. You smiled and said hey back. Then Shiomi began roll call, and the class went on as usual. Every once in a while Josuke would ask to see your notes every once in a while, but apart from that, you didn't really talk to each other. There was a comfortable silence between you two as the teacher talked.

After first hour the day was normal up until lunch.

You usually sat away from everyone else and read while drinking a soda or eating an apple or something, going unnoticed. You weren't embarrassed or upset that you didn't have anyone to sit by at lunch, in fact, you preferred it. You wondered what you'd do after school today, because you were off of work.

But then you groaned remembering that you had to go grocery shopping. You stared down at your book again.

But then you noticed a girl sneering at you from halfway across the courtyard. She seemed a tad taller than you, with short black hair and a strong, stiff build that was almost man-like. She'd look away every once in a while, but frowned at you the whole time.

You avoided eye contact.
---
Finally, the end of the day came. You frowned when you remembered that you still needed to get food for tonight.

You turned the corner of the gates and began to walk. The setting was silent. Too silent. You stopped in your tracks by a empty field, thanking that you had heard something. Footsteps, maybe?

And you were correct. You heard someone running, but the sound was getting closer. You knew there wasn't anyone in front of you, so you turned around, and sure enough, there was that one girl who was sneering at you earlier, charging at you full speed like a bull.

You stepped out of the way, but she moved as well. You barely had any time to run before she tackled you and held you on the ground.

You didn't know that Josuke was watching from not too far away.

"Who are you?" You asked the girl in a panic. She frowned. "That's not important. You sit next to Josuke in first hour, no?" You raised an eyebrow. "Yeah....why?" She leaned in so close that your noses were practically touching. "Keep your eyes off of him. I know it's hard, but he's my boyfriend."

You wanted to start crying, but didn't. "Wh-What? Boyfriend? No, I-"

She cut you off with a nice, square, left hook. You were pretty sure she broke your jaw. "What the hell was that for?!" You asked. She growled. Yes, like a dog. She gave you a right hook, but in your eye. "That's it," you snarled, when you jolted your head forward and head butted her in the nose. She toppled off of you holding her nose. You stood up. She charged towards your stomach, but then you charged faster and pushed her down. She got up, only to meet your fist. You could feel blood coming down your nose and blood in your mouth.

She didn't go down. "Dude, cut it out!" You yelled, but she kept on fighting. She gave you a hard kick in the right ankle and you just about felt your foot buckle.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

You looked up and gasped. Josuke couldn't have been here at a worse moment.

"Josuke, she...she beat me up!" Whined the girl. "What? No I didn't!" You said with a frown. Your foot hurt like crazy. "Really? I'm pretty sure you charged at her," said Josuke, crossing his arms. Your stomach did a huge flop.

"But Josuke, S-she-"

"Shut up, Akari. And for the record, I'm not your boyfriend."

Tears welled up in Akari's eyes and she ran off. You stared as she ran away crying. You brushed yourself off, not even shaken.

"Hey, are you alright?" Asked Josuke. He seemed worried. You shook your head. "Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry for all the girl drama." Josuke frowned. "Y/n, you're not fine. You have a broken ankle and one of the worst black eyes I've ever seen."

You shrugged. "I'll live. It's not like Ice isn't a thing." Josuke raised an eyebrow. "Come here. I'll help."

You both sat down on a bench. "Damn, your arms and knees are pretty cut up, too. Close your eyes." You only half-closed them.

Josuke had a stand similar-looking to the world. It was only more pink and shinier. It touched your knee and the scratches went away. You gasped.

"What? Did that hurt?" He asked. You shook your head. "You have one, too." "Have a what?"

You had the world float behind you. Josuke's eyes widened. "You're a stand user as well?" You nodded. "Yeah, I never knew you were one either," you mentioned. Josuke's stand touched your left cheek and your jaw felt better.

"Well, what can yours do? Mine fixes wounds," said Josuke. "Stop time," you said. Josuke nodded. In fact, to show him, you stopped time yourself.

You quickly turned the buttons upside down on his jacket, then resumed time. "Yeah. Look at your chest," you said. He did, and gasped. He fixed the buttons. "Did...you do that just now?" He asked. You nodded. "That's awesome! Wait...no, that's tight, man!" Josuke added with a smile. You laughed. "Yeah, I guess it is."

"There. Feeling better?" Asked Josuke. You nodded. "Yeah, thanks." He smiled. "Yeah, it's no problem!"

You got up. "Well, I've still gotta go on a grocery run. I'd better get going." Josuke raised an eyebrow. "Did your mom send your or something?" You shook your head. "No, I buy them for myself." Josuke laughed. "Just for you?!" You shrugged. "I live alone."

Josuke gasped. "You do?! No way! I couldn't live a week without my mom," he said. You smiled. "It's not that hard, if you try." Josuke nodded, amazed. "Woah..." he breathed. You smiled, then laughed. "See you tomorrow, Josuke," you said, picking up your bag. Josuke waved. "Bye, y/n-chan!!"

You couldn't wipe the stupidest grin off your face as you walked to the corner store. It made your heart beat out of your chest when he added -chan to your name. You walked into the store, still sporting that silly grin.

You picked up a gallon of milk and a couple of other things, then paid and left.

Again, the sun was starting to set, right when you walked out of the store. As you walked into your building, the way that Josuke said your name echoed in your head. You heaved the milk and the bag of food up the stairs and unlocked the door to your apartment. Again, you announced that you were home.

You shoved everything that was from the bag into its place, did your homework, ate a piece of string cheese and went to bed.

You hugged your pillow tight, your heart still fluttering from earlier.

You fell asleep with that stupid grin.
---
A/N
Yay another one done!

Get ready to meet a certain airhead in the next chapter heh ;;;;)

-Mom