22 :: the final piece of the puzzle (part 1)

Don't panic, but I may have changed the story a little.
---
A/N
Italics : Japanese
Regular Text : English
---
You woke up to your alarm going off. You had accidentally set it an hour early.

Your eyes still hurt from crying your face off and your throat felt like it was going to burst. You considered skipping school.

But you pushed yourself to get dressed and ready like it was a normal day anyways. You stared into the bathroom mirror. "I swear, DIO, if you make today any worse for me..."

You left the house about a half-hour before school started. You stared at all the houses intently to pass the time as you walked--until you saw a man and his child walk out of one.

Now, you usually wouldn't have paid attention to this sort of thing, but something about this man was visibly off-- the way he grabbed the child's shoulder, the way he looked around, his nails-- something wasn't right.

His face.

Your heart skipped not one beat, but ten. You were surprised that you didn't have a heart aneurism right then and there. No doubt, that man was Kira Yoshikage.

You pulled a notebook out of your bag and scribbled down the address of the house, along with a smiley face. For some reason, you wrote the word "his house - ganbare!" Under the face.

You followed the him and his child, watching from a steady distance. He bent down and whispered some things to the child, but then he stood straight again after a short while.

They turned the same corner as you did, but you stayed behind as they walked a little further upwards. You chose to take shelter behind a concrete fence.

They had a lengthy conversation. You could hear what they were saying at all, but by the way his kid was acting, he had probably finally figured out his father's identity.

The kid, who was pretty badly shaken, eventually walked away.

And as that happened, a car pulled up. Rohan got out of the car. Great, of all people. They started to converse, Only this time, you could hear what they were saying to each other.

"Are you Hayato Kawajiri?" Asked Rohan. Hayato nodded. "Erm...yes."

"Well, Hayato, my name is Rohan Kishibe. I'm here to ask you some questions," he continued. Hayato was more nervous than ever. "I'm not sure if I can answer all of them, but I'll try."

"They're about your father."

Hayato went totally pale.

"I haven't seen anyone go that pale since my last meal," said DIO. "Ugh, shut up and let me hear!" You thought back.

"So, can you tell me a little about him?"

Hayato looked around to see if anyone was watching, so it seemed. Rohan was starting to get impatient. "I don't have all day." Hayato still refused to answer them. Really, it seemed like someone was expecting him to be quiet.

"Heaven's Door!"

You rolled your eyes. Wow, great time to use stands, Rohan.

He peered inside Hayato before stopping abruptly. "W-Who is this kid?" He asked, obviously worried. Maybe, just maybe, the great Rohan was scared.